Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Street Rods and Kustoms

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
New Battery car stalls ?

So I woke up one morning and the car wouldn't start, nothing.. Clean up cables and install new battery. Now the car starts right up, but it keeps wanting to STALL.. this car never had that problem before..

Could this indicate Alternator troubles ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kansast
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
mercman

Rep Power: 0 mercman will become famous soon enough mercman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mercman
new battery

Sounds like you might have some alternator troubles for sure .The newer model cars are controlled by the computer and voltage has to be stable to it and the fuel pump if it isnt then the engine developes a stutter and dying problem. Autozone will check your chargeing system for free ,worth a trip and have it checked out
Mike
mercman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman
Sounds like you might have some alternator troubles for sure .The newer model cars are controlled by the computer and voltage has to be stable to it and the fuel pump if it isnt then the engine developes a stutter and dying problem. Autozone will check your chargeing system for free ,worth a trip and have it checked out
Mike

Thanks for the reply.. I went back and checked my connections.. I thought for sure I had the battery hooked up good and secure.. but I gave them all a few more turns.. and then the car quit stalling.

Yea this is a 2000 Saturn, original battery that I had to replace. Once I tightened up those connections more, the car quit stalling. Should I still have the alternator checked out you think ?
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote