Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Protein proccessing plant to be arraigned on odor charges

A protein rendering plant is being arraigned on odor charges Tuesday
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
It's about #$#@$ time. That place can stink to high heaven on some days.. even miles away from the place. It can be so bad, to where you can't concentrate on work, or want to make you ill.

I hear they are going to plead not guilty !!!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yup, that place was smellin' pretty nasty this morning coming into downtown this morning.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Louisiana Proteins has purchased more than $400,000 worth of odor-control equipment.
Dang that amount of money sure would buy a lot of land wayyyy out in the country. Camping a mile up the road from half the attorneys in town is probably a bad idea if you are in the dog food rendering business. In any case, it is not right to have this facility so close to our new Hilton hotel and convention center. We don't want vistor's thinking Shreveport stinks (literally).

I hope this guy looses. If they need another witness for this case, I hope they call me!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
If they loose so will Shreveport

They have been in business for years and supply a large amount of tax money to Shreveport. I feel that if the new Mayor and his friends prevail here that they will shut this business down and it will move to another state. That place has been there for decades and now that I-49 has been laid next to it the cry babies are coming out of the closet. It would be much different if they just opened or where trying to locate a new business but they have been around for a very long time. If they shut them down who do you think will move in that area ?? The crack heads that is who because no new business will locate in that bad part of town.
Isaac

No one is crying about Lucas Treatment and that place is rank !
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I've worked downtown for ten years and only in the last year or so has the odor been a problem. It really is foul.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I've worked downtown for ten years and only in the last year or so has the odor been a problem. It really is foul.
Agreed, it's only been the last year or so it's been a problem that I've noticed. and sometimes it is so bad the odor goes all the way to down town and penetrates the AmSouth Tower !
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
North wind could be part of the problem

I fish on the Red River and Lucas is not bad in the winter because the NW wind keeps it off the river but summer comes and SW winds and wow it is real bad but there does not seem to be as many folks unhappy with Lucas.
I will add that I would not like to work near either one and I do not think I could get use to it ever. I am glad I do not work down town for many reasons such as the traffic and smell and parking.
Isaac
Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
No one is crying about Lucas Treatment and that place is rank !

I am all for "small business" and it takes a major issue for me to take another side other than small business. And this is it. Nobody has the right to keep others from doing their jobs in such a way. (by stinking to high heaven) If they move out-of-state, I bet it will not be so close to a new $60M convention center or hotel!

I'm with joepole. I've been working downtown for 10 years and the problem only got worse in the last year or two. I can only assume that they ramped up production or changed their process.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Well boys the I's have it

I do not work down town and do not have to smell it so off with their head and maybe some section eight housing paid for by our taxes in the place of the plant. I can not stand bad smells so for that I must capitulate to you guys. Not often for a Isaac to do
Isaac
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Feb 14 2007 11:59 AM
Rendering plant has until Thursday to prove smells have been cut down
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
When/where can I testify? It stank yesterday.

My receptionist drives home up North Market and she said she had to put her sleeve over her nose. I didn't ask her why she didn't just breathe through her mouth but that's beside the point.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
A city full of mouth-breathers...thats all we need!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Feb 16 2007 1:25 PM
DEQ to check emissions coming from plant
Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

It stank again this morning.