Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Art

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
AMAZING Mural in Canada

Cochrane is in Alberta, ½ hr west of downtown Calgary.

Have you seen this? I have not zoomed in on all of it, but take a close look at the horses' eye! (Double click any small panel to view that painting closely)
Absolutely beautiful! Show your kids if you have them around.
This mural was unveiled last week at the Cochrane Ranch House.
Each tile is 1 foot square, is it's own individual picture and each is done by a different artist. All of them together form this huge mural. You can click on each of the tiles to see them in detail.
www.muralmosaic.com/Cochrane.html
Click image for larger version

Name:	grid.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1811
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Anyone here familiar with the Mural on the side of the .. uh.. old AT&T ? building downtown ? I think referred to as the Mega Millennium Mural ?

Seems I might have read that was the tallest mural ? or something to that affect.

Either that, or I'm just a library of mis-information.

This is the only pic I could find of it..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shreve-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1812  

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #3
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Both above pretty amazing. The amount of talent out in the world is something else. Snapped this in London 2-3 years ago over by the Eye (from the bridge). All done in some temporary paint on the walkway - all that work and talent for a VERY temp lifespan. Venus on a half shell -Oysters Bienville to you and me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000220b2.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	738.8 KB
ID:	1813  

j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I thought the AT&T mural was called "Diversity," a title I always found hilarious because it featured a large white woman on her own side, and all the non-white people crammed onto another side facing the dumpiest part of downtown.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Here is my own photo of the mural in downtown Shreveport (just a large segment of it.) Please enjoy viewing my photo, but please respect the copyright. I just get sick and tired of having to fight major media outlets over the usage of my photos so I point out the copyrights everytime I post them.

Not to sound snobbish but this is by far the best photo I've ever seen of this mural and I'm proud to have taken it.

(click photo for larger version)
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Not to sound snobbish but this is by far the best photo I've ever seen of this mural and I'm proud to have taken it.
You SNOB!

Just KIDDING.. that's a real nice photo.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Paris France, Notre Dame
Adam and Eve

There is no apple ! So just was was IT ??

Name:	416px-France_Paris_Notre-Dame-Adam_and_Eve.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1819
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote