Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 02-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Shrevenator

Rep Power: 0 Shrevenator has a spectacular aura about Shrevenator has a spectacular aura about
The Best Mexican food

Speaking of food, has anyone tried Cantina Larado at that new Bellemead Shopping Center? I really like Mexican food and the more authentic the better. But I'm not so sure about this place (yet) I heard that it is actually owned by ElChicos owners.
Shrevenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrevenator
Speaking of food, has anyone tried Cantina Larado at that new Bellemead Shopping Center? I really like Mexican food and the more authentic the better. But I'm not so sure about this place (yet) I heard that it is actually owned by ElChicos owners.
The last time I went to El Chico's, I literally saw roaches crawling on the wall, I think it was 3 I counted. I refuse to eat there if at all possible already, but damn..

Taco Bell is the Jesus of fast food, imo. Even though it's not mexican or really related, when I'm thinking of mexican I go get me some TB.

Taco Mania is really really good, and Moe's is really nice (TexMex, but extremely good.. like a 5 star taco bell, haha).

I don't like On The Border at all.. it's trashy.. and Trejos is.. meh.. ok.

Yea, I love mexican, that's all I ever eat when I'm with friends.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I've only had lunch at Cantina Laredo and it was delicious! More on the gourmet side (a little pricier) and not as greasy. The guacamole was made at the table. The atmosphere is modern and very clean! I suggest giving it a try! It tasted nothing like El Chicos.
I also like Trejos at Westgate BC! Also Don Juanz in BC is very good and they make everything fresh... no heat and eats! Excellent margaritas!

Last edited by Pocahontas; 04-29-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Love me a margarita!!!! Makes me think of the song..Mr. Belle likes the song..goes something like this Pokie..and Tequila makes her ....you know the song girl!!!

So who has the best margaritas?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I also like Trejos at Westgate BC! Also Don Juanz in BC is very good and they make everything fresh... no heat and eats! Excellent margaritas!
Oh yeah, that Trejos there was an all-time favorite of me and mrs latenight. Back before we had kids.. we'd save up our dimes, go to Trejos, and sometimes split the Foster Special Back before that Trejos was any where near the size it is now. Best damn hot-sauce in town.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Oh yeah, that Trejos there was an all-time favorite of me and mrs latenight. Back before we had kids.. we'd save up our dimes, go to Trejos, and sometimes split the Foster Special Back before that Trejos was any where near the size it is now. Best damn hot-sauce in town.
yea, only redeemable thing about them is the chips and hotsauce.. best to take home and watch a movie with or something
Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Superior Bar and Grill, hands down.
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Love me a margarita!!!! Makes me think of the song..Mr. Belle likes the song..goes something like this Pokie..and Tequila makes her ....you know the song girl!!!

So who has the best margaritas?
Yes TBelle I am familiar with that song too!! It's funny and true! Gotta really watch out for those Superior margaritas...they kick my butt!! Would you agree Kramer?? LOL
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Oh yeah, don't do the margs., they will KILL you!
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Kramer, Superior!!! I wonder how many children have been conceived as a result of those margaritas? They are good, but come with some side effects (headaches, nausea, vomiting, possible children, etc)!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #11
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
My parents and son love Superior Grill and go there often. I have eaten there several times, but was not crazy about it. However, that was years ago.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I agree Kramer, Superior!!! I wonder how many children have been conceived as a result of those margaritas? They are good, but come with some side effects (headaches, nausea, vomiting, possible children, etc)!
I'm sorry, and I'm not accusing you, but this is why the country looks at drugs the way it does. Those adults who are used to slapping their ID down and getting their alcohol but bash the children who are not of age but do the same thing (although since it's illegal, it's much more dangerous to obtain and use, through the black market) because they feel (whether or not they are is debatable) they are able to be responsible enough to do so.

Marijuana isn't illegal for its effects, it's an economic control issue. Alcohol is hundreds (possibly thousands, no real way to compare the two) of times worse for your body and ability to operate a vehicle (did not say you or anyone else did that).

I'm not advocating it, just pointing out the fact that alcohol (a drug, very much so) is easily talked about, but suddenly the word marijuana brings up serious business.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 AM   #13
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
If I had my way it would all be illegal. Meaning anything that alters a persons senses that is not used for a true medical use. Yep maijuana does bring up serious business. Why don't you try being high on life instead of drugs?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:13 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Trejos or (three HO's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Love their food but the noise level in that place it way out of control. We just pick up and hope they get the order right. I love the hot-sauce and cheese sauce
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I'm sorry, and I'm not accusing you, but this is why the country looks at drugs the way it does. Those adults who are used to slapping their ID down and getting their alcohol but bash the children who are not of age but do the same thing (although since it's illegal, it's much more dangerous to obtain and use, through the black market) because they feel (whether or not they are is debatable) they are able to be responsible enough to do so.

Marijuana isn't illegal for its effects, it's an economic control issue. Alcohol is hundreds (possibly thousands, no real way to compare the two) of times worse for your body and ability to operate a vehicle (did not say you or anyone else did that).

I'm not advocating it, just pointing out the fact that alcohol (a drug, very much so) is easily talked about, but suddenly the word marijuana brings up serious business.
Well since you asked, let's go down this road:

1) You've already admitted that you have driven while high. If I drink and it's always only one margarita, my husband drives. I have been hit been a drunk driver and will not put someone else's life at risk as was done to mine. Furthermore, driving under the influence of drugs is just as bad as alcohol. The difference here is that you THINK you are in control with the drugs which is the problem with the drugs itself. The grandiosity of ideas it gives you is one of the problems.

2) Marijuana is illegal for it's effects primarily. It's not illegal because of the money little boy. Otherwise one of the major pharmaceutical companies would already be profiting off of that market. Have you ever really done researched it or just read the articles that gave you the information you wanted to hear? How many known carcinogens are in marijuana? Go read again.

3) You also wrote it is debatable whether some of us are responsible enough to be able to drink. Well honey, I make my own money and therefore am able to pay for my own mistakes were I too make any. Of course, you can clearly see that I won't give the circumstances under which I imbibe. You on the other hand are still living under your parents home, driving a vehicle probably in their name, on their vehicle insurance, on their medical insurance, and doing this all while driving under the influence of drugs and putting how many people in this city at risk while you do it?