sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Shreveport-Bossier ranks high in crime

Shreveport-Bossier metro area ranks tenth most dangerous in the country
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
according to who/what/where/when/why/how?

I would like to declare shenanigans.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
yea.. I'd like to know according to who as well.. I find that hard to believe ??
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Smile

Here is the KSLA article:
Report: Shreveport-Bossier Ranks High in Crime Nationwide

Quote:
Morgan Quitno's 13th annual America's Safest and Most Dangerous Cities rankings puts the Shreveport-Bossier metro area at tenth most dangerous in the country.
I saw that this report came out the other day, I think it listed like St. Louis at the top of the list. Shreveport is number 10 ?? damn.

The article quotes Sheriff Prator. I like him. not sure I understand the rest of this article .. it goes on to say:

Quote:
Prator says crime in Caddo is down 26 percent on his watch. Shreveport Police say it's at a 25 year low. Price says it's a matter of perception, and personal reality. Price says, "it may be rampant here, but it hasn't effected me."
The City of Shreveport ranks as the 51st most dangerous city in the nation. Baltimore, Maryland stands at number 12, and Boston, Massachusetts sits behind us, at number 58.

Last edited by LateNight; 11-01-2006 at 10:28 AM. Reason: attributed the article to the wrong news source.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Article

Was that article written by a middle school student? The grammar is atrocious and it doesn't explain its points.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I'm confused as to why at the top of the article we're ranked 10th but at the bottom of the article we're ranked 51st ?

it seems the Bossier City Police Chief didn't agree with the report too much..

Bossier City Police Chief Reacts To Crime Statistics Report
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
10 vs. 51

The 10th ranking is for "metropolitan areas" compared to other metropolitan areas and the 51st ranking is for the City of Shreveport compared to other cities. I'm not quite sure how a city that ranks 51st gets combined with a city that even safer to move up into the top 10, and their explanation of their methodology doesn't indicate how that could happen.

http://www.morganquitno.com/methodology07.htm#Method
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
I suppose how safe you feel in shreveport or bossier, has everything to do with exactly where in shreveport or bossier you live ?

Did the Red River District ever recover from the drive by shooting that happened down there ? As far as a night time destination goes ?
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Shreveport crime rate

I agree it does depend on where you live in town. The police are afraid to go to some parts of town say on the weekends when the late night traffic jams.
There is a good reason that Bossier City is growing so fast. The police won't put up with the stuff that Shreveport will. The Board Walk and the pants is
just one of many issues and as far as events would you rather go to the Fair Grounds or Centurytel Center ?? Now as far as the listings go as to who is
51 or who is 100 that is just journalism filling space on a page and selling ads.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote