Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Women should wear chastity belts to prevent sex crimes

Interesting article

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...=theworld&col=
Old 03-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Double standard. I say let men wear them. LOL
Old 03-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I do not think this would prevent any sex crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Double standard. I say let men wear them. LOL
OK girls (Isabella & Scarlett) now if they would use a strong rope and let the public see that rapist will not be tolerated then these things would cease to happen. A chastity belt is degrading to a woman and places the blame on the woman when the pervert is to blame. I know how they work but I have never seen one but they would have to be very uncomfortable. Sure am glad to live in America !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I agree with Isaac on this one. No one should be forced to take such measures when it is not their fault. Protecting your home from thieves is one thing because security systems can be very vivid. But protecting your body in this manner is a bit over the top.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I don't see where anyone is saying that women should be forced to wear them, just that it would be a good idea.

How is this any different than carrying pepper spray or a gun? It's just another means of defense.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Pepper spray and guns are far less noticeable to the person who is carrying them until they are needed. They are not hard to carry, not physically awkward to have on your person, and they can be set in a ready place in preparation for the next day (you don't have to put them on).
Old 03-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I don't see where anyone is saying that women should be forced to wear them, just that it would be a good idea.

How is this any different than carrying pepper spray or a gun? It's just another means of defense.
Well pepper spray is always closed and snapped so its a 2 step process, maybe 3 if its locked. As for the gun, how many brave women would honestly carry one unless they were raised with guns? I do fear guns, yes my dad did have some and my ex was a huge hunter and yes I do have a gun the one I have has no hammer due to fear of it going off in my purse!

Most women won't even hold one and won't let their husbands have one in the home. I had them in my home both with small children all the way to adults. My kids were raised with guns so I hope they don't fear them, espeically my daughter, like most people do.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people!

Your point is its an option i think it's interesting really but I personally would never wear one.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
If Im not mistaken, chastity belts were designed to insure a woman's/girl's fidelity, not foil rape attempts. A man would make his wife wear one while he was away so he'd know for sure that no other man could have her. Or a father might make his daughter(s) wear em to insure they remained virgins. I'm not sure what a modern version would be constructed of, maybe thick leather...hell, maybe even kevlar or something like that, but I doubt it would pose much of an obstacle to a determined rapist, especially if he had any amount of time to cut it off of her.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Agreed, it wouldn't be that much of an obstacle for any violent rapist. Most rapes take place at knife point (for cutting clothing off) which means many rapists would be more than equipped to cut a chastity belt off.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Modern chastity belts are made of cloth and steel.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Modern chastity belts are made of cloth and steel.
LOL, I'll take your word for it.

My only thought would be what might offer protection against a $20 bolt cutter from True Value or Home Depot?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I'm not sure anyone has ever been raped at bolt cutter point. What are the chances of a rapist having one of those?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I'm not sure anyone has ever been raped at bolt cutter point. What are the chances of a rapist having one of those?
Nearly 100% chance of rapists having a bolt cutter if 100% of women wore padlocked belts to protect their privates. The only way that I am wrong is if rape is not a "pre-meditated" crime but rather spur of the moment and after thinking twice, the rapist would change is mind and be thwarted by low-tech hardware. A belt would not do much good for a kidnapped rape victim is my point. Maybe it would keep the crack head from performing spontaneous rape at a ATM or something. And hey, one less rape is a good thing in my opinion! So you women out there, go for it!

I just want to know one thing. Is there such a thing a a "thong" version chastity belt?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #14
Old Soul

Rep Power: 0 Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice
A chasity belt will NOT stop a rape. Do you honestly think that a rapist uses only 1 oriface on a females anatomy?
Old Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul
A chasity belt will NOT stop a rape. Do you honestly think that a rapist uses only 1 oriface on a females anatomy?
Disturbing and sick, but very good point.