Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Rhertz, I understand your point over petty lawsuits with no merit. My husband is being sued now by our daughter's ex roommate who moved out of the lease six months early. She could have signed a six month lease but talked our daughter into a one year lease because the rent would be $30 cheaper a month. She informed our daughter that she would help find the room mate to take her place. Of course she never did this and just moved out. Her daddy, a local Shreveport attorney, had to pay the rent she did not pay and now feels the need to sue us. The daughter informed her daddy that my husband, who only met her once and never had conversation with her, said he would pay ALL the rent. Now her daddy either is stupid, plain gullible, or a money grubber. I think it's all three. We've been involved in this lawsuit for two years now. They know they will never win, but continue to try to get us to write them a check. This dad even at the start of all this threatened to sublease his daughter's room and move in (and this is a direct quote), "A black criminal man and we'll see if her daddy wants to pay this". We will never give a cent to a man who would make such threats. P.S. He is a former city official

I tell you that story because we truly understand a petty, frivolous lawsuit with no merit. It can cost the innocent party much. However, this woman was wronged more than once by the same company. I do believe there was a simpler way to handle this. She had choices. McDonald's by Federal Law is required to accommodate people with disabilities. Why didn't they at least try? Probably because they mostly have minimum wage workers with little education and no compassion. After the first time it happened, she didn't have to back to McDonald's. I sure wouldn't or I would find a way to resolve the matter if I did. The woman could have worked with the proper people in her state to turn them over for a Federal violation. Also, the media is a great outlet to get change. I would have given my story to a local reporter. They'd have loved it, and McDonald's would have been shamed into changing.

I do believe that there are two many lawsuits. Far too many and there are much better ways to resolve issues than this. I would love to see a law passed that if you sue someone over such matters as these and lose, you have to pay the legal expenses for the other party. I think a lot of people would not be so sue happy.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, I understand your point over petty lawsuits with no merit. My husband is being sued now by our daughter's ex roommate who moved out of the lease six months early. She could have signed a six month lease but talked our daughter into a one year lease because the rent would be $30 cheaper a month. She informed our daughter that she would help find the room mate to take her place. Of course she never did this and just moved out. Her daddy, a local Shreveport attorney, had to pay the rent she did not pay and now feels the need to sue us. The daughter informed her daddy that my husband, who only met her once and never had conversation with her, said he would pay ALL the rent. Now her daddy either is stupid, plain gullible, or a money grubber. I think it's all three. We've been involved in this lawsuit for two years now. They know they will never win, but continue to try to get us to write them a check. This dad even at the start of all this threatened to sublease his daughter's room and move in (and this is a direct quote), "A black criminal man and we'll see if her daddy wants to pay this". We will never give a cent to a man who would make such threats. P.S. He is a former city official

I tell you that story because we truly understand a petty, frivolous lawsuit with no merit. It can cost the innocent party much. However, this woman was wronged more than once by the same company. I do believe there was a simpler way to handle this. She had choices. McDonald's by Federal Law is required to accommodate people with disabilities. Why didn't they at least try? Probably because they mostly have minimum wage workers with little education and no compassion. After the first time it happened, she didn't have to back to McDonald's. I sure wouldn't or I would find a way to resolve the matter if I did. The woman could have worked with the proper people in her state to turn them over for a Federal violation. Also, the media is a great outlet to get change. I would have given my story to a local reporter. They'd have loved it, and McDonald's would have been shamed into changing.

I do believe that there are two many lawsuits. Far too many and there are much better ways to resolve issues than this. I would love to see a law passed that if you sue someone over such matters as these and lose, you have to pay the legal expenses for the other party. I think a lot of people would not be so sue happy.
Do girls talk more than guys ??
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #18
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Do girls talk more than guys ??

HaHaHa! You stinker.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #19
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
You need to check your IQ. We don't talk more...we do TYPE more though. Learn the difference.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
You need to check your IQ. We don't talk more...we do TYPE more though. Learn the difference.
Just who is it you think your kidding Tbelle besides yourself Look out for that sword
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:

As a businessman, I cannot accomodate 100% of the public. If I make 95% happy, I think that is a success. I have hired both blind and quadraplegic staff before so I think I do my part on the hiring end, but I'm sure that there is some affliction out there that I or my staff cannot deal with. The thought that I could be sued for being less than perfect is pretty scary.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #22
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Stick Burger!
Click image for larger version

Name:	burger.gif
Views:	14
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	893

Click to watch this cartoon.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #23
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no Piemaker has lost it for sure!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Oh no Piemaker has lost it for sure!!

Hey Pokie, what did I lose. I think I missed something while I was gone.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I just meant you were so upset with them getting your order wrong that you just lost your mental faculties and murdered someone over it!! Just kiddin' of course!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #26
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Nah, all she did was mess up a table. The cartoon I posted was made by Rob Lewis of Stickdeath. Now that guy is kinda psychotic too. Even though his cartoons are only of stick figures, I still wouldn't recommend kids going to that site.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I just meant you were so upset with them getting your order wrong that you just lost your mental faculties and murdered someone over it!! Just kiddin' of course!

That's okay Pokie, I get it now. I did lose it. I murdered that table with mustard in the dinning room HaHa![Clue game]. I just wasn't thinking, I had just got back from the hosiptal and was very tired.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
What if she had no arms and no legs? Then how would she grab her lunch bag?

I mean were do you start and where do you end when trying to accomodate the general public. Surely there are people out there who have learned to grab things with their butt cheeks.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #29
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
What if she had no arms and no legs? Then how would she grab her lunch bag?

I mean were do you start and where do you end when trying to accomodate the general public. Surely there are people out there who have learned to grab things with their butt cheeks.
If that was you how would you like to be accomodated? When you learn how to grab something with your butt cheeks let me know. I personally would preferr to give someone something with their feet rather than their butt cheeks there is something called a FART I'd rather not deal with. You may not think feet are clean but a butt grabber with diarrhea is revoking.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
If that was you how would you like to be accomodated? When you learn how to grab something with your butt cheeks let me know. I personally would preferr to give someone something with their feet rather than their butt cheeks there is something called a FART I'd rather not deal with. You may not think feet are clean but a butt grabber with diarrhea is revoking.
Oh there has to be a fast food place for people with no arms or legs. He joe have you seen her in any good movies as of late.