Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
[SBL Administrators have moved this thread from the MLK thread to be more on topic.]
Quote:
The tapes are locked away in the FBI vault right next to the proof of the faked moon landing and the secret whereabouts of the living Elvis Presley
I think its a safe bet that Elvis has indeed gone the way of all flesh, but what makes you so certain, Matt, that the moon landings were not faked? See folks, this tactic is typical of debunkers...just throw one preposterous myth in with the feasible questions and presto...you've now successfully wielded the so-called "giggle factor". Its used with great regularity in regards to the UFO/ET question...for example, lets say we have a credible witness, perhaps a veteran Air Force pilot, who reports a UFO...well, he MUST be discredited, so why not mention Elvis sightings, or perhaps the 'Bat Boy" of National Enquirer fame, in the same article? The tactic is highly effective on the weak-minded sheople.

Ya know Matt, when I was a kid, late 60s/early 70s, my parents bought us a set of Realistic (Radio Shack) brand walkie-talkies. Brand new in the box, and they never worked worth a damn. Took em back and swapped em for a new pair several times...they never did work, but hey, we managed to travel 250,000 miles and land on the moon? I have my doubts.

Last edited by sbl_admin; 02-01-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
but what makes you so certain, Matt, that the moon landings were not faked? ...(snip)..they never did work, but hey, we managed to travel 250,000 miles and land on the moon? I have my doubts.
I normally like your "down to earth" style Al. But in this case, it's a little too "down to earth" if you know what I mean.

How would you explain to the 100,000+ individuals gathered down at Cape Canaveral who personally witnessed the launch of each of the Apollo Saturn space missions? How about all those amateur astronomers and amateur radio operators who saw and listened and tracked the astronauts along with the government? And how did we fool all those Aboriginies down in Australia? hehehe Not to mention fooling those three scientists down at Parks who where fooling us when they lost power and lost track of Apollo 11? How'd they do that? OK, how did they fool Tom Hanks? Answer that! Or is he one of "them"!
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
[quote]How would you explain the 100,000+ individuals gathered down at Cape Canaveral who personally witnessed the launch of each of the Apollo Saturn space missions?[quote]

To this I would simply say that a rocket launch does not a lunar landing make! That would be like saying "I saw you start up your car and drive off, so I KNOW you made it Disney Land!" Amateur astronomers and radio operators? Aboriginies? Tom Hanks? Surely you jest? Im reasonably certain I could get Mr. Hanks to check and see if his shoe laces were tied or that his fly was zipped. The fact of the matter is that it wouldve been far easier to convincibly fake the moon landing than to actually accomplish such a feat, especially given the era's level of technology. Besides, if we really did land on the moon, why have we not colonized it by now...almost half a century later? And where are those missing tapes NeverAStraightAnswer conveniently lost? But why not ask "them"? Im sure "they" would gladly answer these questions to your satisfaction.

Fake a moon landing? The good people who brought us such gems as "MKUltra", the "Bay-O-Pigs" fiasco, and "Operation Northwoods"? Why, the United States government would NEVER do THAT! Absurd! Out of the question! Perish the thought!

By the way...that last little beauty I mentioned..."Operation Northwoods"...thats for all you trusting souls that dont believe 911 couldve been an inside job!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 01-31-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Hey all, I wouldn't bother to jump into the middle of this one.. Although Al likes to throw this stuff out there.. at the same time, he'll tell you how the moon is of an alien creation, and he knows this because of "eye witness" accounts from some of the astronauts who "landed" on the moon.

just depends on the conversation at hand
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

I dont blame Late Night for not wanting to "jump in" on this...defending the actions and statements of the government and it's assorted appendages can be an awfully tricky, sticky wicket even under the best of circumstances...very treacherous ground...which is exactly where Geo and Matt unenviably now find themselves.

All "facts" are subject to intense scrutiny and skillfully spinned interpretation! Question everything...especially what your government tells you! Trust no one...especially the government! The truth is out there...and you can be certain that the government is sitting on it!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 01-31-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
just throw one preposterous myth in with the feasible questions

Truth is a hard thing to find these days and in days of old. Babel is truly here and alive. Babel = confusion ! I do wonder why after trying so hard to get to the moon why they have not gone back ??? They have a space station up there I wonder what the world would do if Iran or China shot that baby down?
We now have all the weapons on the table for a major conflict some think a war others think world war and yet others Armageddon ? Me I think there will be a "major" calm before the storm like world peace and time will tell us but I see yesterday where the North Koreans are trying to get out of their country and find a place to hide and there millions trying to get into the USA and that says something about our brothers in the UN
Isaac the Saxon
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Ya know Matt, when I was a kid, late 60s/early 70s, my parents bought us a set of Realistic (Radio Shack) brand walkie-talkies. Brand new in the box, and they never worked worth a damn. Took em back and swapped em for a new pair several times...they never did work, but hey, we managed to travel 250,000 miles and land on the moon? I have my doubts.
Shoot man, we used to use those walkie talkies and had loads of fun around the 'hood back in Jersey when I was kid. not to mention some of kind of short wave radio or something my old man had, could listen in to Ships around the globe, was pretty cool. I consider our trip to the moon to be a remarkable feat, especially for the time period, But I have no doubt we've been then more than a couple of times.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
To this I would simply say that a rocket launch does not a lunar landing make! That would be like saying "I saw you start up your car and drive off, so I KNOW you made it Disney Land!"
But the hard part is the rocket launch! Not like starting up your car. So you believe in rocket launches and the existence of technology needed to perform that little trick. OK, that’s a start. Now if we could place tons of gear in earth orbit, then why not go to the moon? This isn’t easy, but not any harder than launching skyscraper sized rockets into orbit. But lets focus now on faking the other half of the mission.

Quote:
Amateur astronomers and radio operators? Aboriginies? Tom Hanks? Surely you jest?
Yes and no. I was merely describing the overwhelming range of those who are documented in their belief that we went to the moon. Aboriginies/Tom Hanks was a indeed a jest based on popular movies. However there were many who witnessed these events through various instruments, including their own eyes through high powered telescopes. Today even amateur astronomers photograph the shuttle, space station, etc. in space with surprising clarity using low cost equipment.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that it wouldve been far easier to convincibly fake the moon landing than to actually accomplish such a feat, especially given the era's level of technology.
Convincing the public or Tom Hanks is one thing. Convincing the Russians would be another. If we had of faked it, they would have used that in their propaganda big time. Heh, even if we didn’t fake it, they would dispute our claim if there was event a remote possibility to dispute it. But I bet we documented the crap out of that mission, knowing that the Russians might dispute our claim.

One thing is for sure, the undisputable evidence is right above our heads. All those footprints and rover tracks are sitting there just as the day they were made. A good enough telescope should be able to pick up some debris or tracks, but I doubt NASA will use the Hubble to verify what they already know as fact.

Quote:
Besides, if we really did land on the moon, why have we not colonized it by now...almost half a century later?
Economics and Politics would be a good answer. However I think it is because “need is the mother of invention” and we don’t need to go there anymore. Back then we had to in a cold war race with the Soviets. Once we won, that battle of the war was over.

Quote:
And where are those missing tapes NeverAStraightAnswer conveniently lost? But why not ask "them"? Im sure "they" would gladly answer these questions to your satisfaction.
Who?

Quote:
Fake a moon landing? The good people who brought us such gems as "MKUltra", the "Bay-O-Pigs" fiasco, and "Operation Northwoods"? Why, the United States government would NEVER do THAT! Absurd! Out of the question! Perish the thought! By the way...that last little beauty I mentioned..."Operation Northwoods"...thats for all you trusting souls that dont believe 911 couldve been an inside job!
Oh I love a good conspiracy theory too, for entertainment purposes…
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Angry You high jacked my thread

The moon is made of cheese and there is no man in the moon
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Wink

Sorry about jackin your thread there, Isaac...I just couldnt let this go unchallenged! Cheese eh? Ya might be on to somethin there!

"NeverAStraightAnswer"...thats what NASA stands for these days. Nasa has this annoying habit of airbrushing inconvenient things out of the photos that they release for public consumption. Supposedly, Nasa's charter states that they will firmly adhere to the truth and resist attempts by the U.S. govt to influence, bias, or subvert it's findings. In reality, the agency operates contrary to their own mission statement. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea, is it?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 02-01-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Ok, ok the moon !

They say there is a lot of very high dollar metals on the moon and if they could just get them back here but that one trip up there with the golf ball and the flag and then no more trips and the Russians do not want to go and even China does not want to go I was just watching UFOs in Scotland and this one area deemed the UFO triangle sees more than any place know of on earth. Maybe they are not minding there P's and Q's and old Jimmy Beam is talking for them but there was a bunch of footage and people telling there stories. Ya got to wonder what is cooking in area 51 I am sure rhertz could shed some light on that 911 inside job well I have seen that email where the rocket slams the Pentagon but now days the net is a hard thing to trust I am not sure about that one. I do not still have it but if I can find it I will post it later.
Isaac
Old 02-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

911 A Big hoax at the pentagon

o.k. anyone who knows me, knows I don't fall for conspiracy theories very easily.. I don't believe Oswald acted alone.. i do believe we landed on the moon.. But the different stories I've heard about what happened at the Pentagon on 9-11 has always bothered me just a bit..
here's a brief video on the subject..

and here is another, all-be-it slower paced description of the same things..

Last edited by LateNight; 02-01-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
"NeverAStraightAnswer"...thats what NASA stands for these days. Nasa has this annoying habit of airbrushing inconvenient things out of the photos they they release for public consumption. Supposedly, Nasa's charter states that they will firmly adhere to the truth and resist attempts by the U.S. govt to influence, bias, or subvert it's findings. In reality, the agency operates contrary to their own mission statement. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea, is it?
hmmm, well how about those Mars rovers! Now there's a couple of pieces of fine engineering! Anyone think those are fakes? Are both of them still going? If so, they should be on a Energizer commercial. They keep going and going and going.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

O.k. so I'm gonna a bit crazy here.. here's another video..

Lunar Legacy Episode 1, Part 1 (did we land on the moon)

and Lunar Legacy Episode 1, Part 2 (did we land on the moon)

Old 02-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Tomorrow is TGIF.. can't wait.. hoping to get a chance to relax and finish my recovery from the bug from HELL!!! no drinkin' this weekend.. UGHH

The Moon of BUST !!!