Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong

What is your take on "Plastic Surgery" to try and stay young looking ? http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I suppose plastic surgery is ok, but some people take it far beyond its reasonable bounds.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
The great thing about this life is that we have free will to make our own choices and plastic surgery is one of those choices. If you make the decision to have plastic surgery, then you also are taking all of the risks associated with it which can included death due to complications and that the surgery results may not turn out as you expected. I have no problem with a woman choosing to enhance herself be it with breast implants , a nose job, liposuction, or whatever. I do hope that a woman does not put her sole self worth in plastic surgery results though. It could be disastrous for her to do so because your worth as a woman does not come from your looks it comes from within. Women are vain and we do like to look good.

As for a few of those pictures, how am I to know they are not airbrushed? The Britney Spears photo looks like it was taken not long after she had given birth...could we please give the girl a break? It takes a while to get your figure back after giving birth to a child and she had two in a very short period of time. In my opinion, Hollywood types go to more extremes than say the average woman in America with regards to plastic surgery so it would not be fair to compare us to those anyway.

If you feel somethin saggin, call Dan the Man!!!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Wink This old house is falling down around my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The great thing about this life is that we have free will to make our own choices and plastic surgery is one of those choices. If you make the decision to have plastic surgery, then you also are taking all of the risks associated with it which can included death due to complications and that the surgery results may not turn out as you expected. I have no problem with a woman choosing to enhance herself be it with breast implants , a nose job, liposuction, or whatever. I do hope that a woman does not put her sole self worth in plastic surgery results though. It could be disastrous for her to do so because your worth as a woman does not come from your looks it comes from within. Women are vain and we do like to look good.

As for a few of those pictures, how am I to know they are not airbrushed? The Britney Spears photo looks like it was taken not long after she had given birth...could we please give the girl a break? It takes a while to get your figure back after giving birth to a child and she had two in a very short period of time. In my opinion, Hollywood types go to more extremes than say the average woman in America with regards to plastic surgery so it would not be fair to compare us to those anyway.

If you feel something sagging, call Dan the Man!!!!!
Pick it up and glue it back on then one day the glue gives way and the house falls and falls to the ground and the only thing left is the big dirt nap. Such a vain thing is all is.
Quote:
WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS GOING THROUGH A
TEMPORARY SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.

WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY
HUMAN EXPERIENCE
(unknown)
Next quote:
"Once we get past what we look like and what we own we can find out who we really are "
Isaac
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
"Once we get past what we look like and what we own we can find out who we really are "
Isaac
I know one too. "Trust in God, but lock your car."
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
So are you saying you don't like plastic surgery? I don't think you can tell a "real set" from a "fake set" every time so what difference would it make. And the glue doesn't come off, not if the surgeon is good!

You know some men do not want their women enhanced in any way, it makes the man insecure that the woman might go astray or look to good to be with the man or leave the man feeling inadequate.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Some ladies do not need plastic surgery

Quote:
So are you saying you don't like plastic surgery? I don't think you can tell a "real set" from a "fake set" every time so what difference would it make. And the glue doesn't come off, not if the surgeon is good!

You know some men do not want their women enhanced in any way, it makes the man insecure that the woman might go astray or look to good to be with the man or leave the man feeling inadequate.
I am married to one that looks great just like she it but for those that need a little help it is OK. Those folks that have been injured or born with problems that need help it is real good. Yes I can tell real from fake Come on boys back me up here, boys where did you go ?
Isaac
Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
I am married to one that looks great just like she it but for those that need a little help it is OK. Those folks that have been injured or born with problems that need help it is real good. Yes I can tell real from fake Come on boys back me up here, boys where did you go ?
Isaac
"Yes they're real, and they're spectacular."
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The best way to tell is in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
"Yes they're real, and they're spectacular."
They float if they are fake. What is real ? What your mind tells you is real
Isaac
Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
who has time for this?

I can't believe people out there have nothing better to do than to check out other peoples body features Don't they have a life?
I certianly don't care in the least. I would not alter myself physically because I do not believe in doctors period. Most don't know as much as you think and most procedures are realitively new. So looks to me as we're the guinnea pigs or fools that let 'em practice on us.
Eat right, drink filtered water and get enough rest and excercise, you'll live long enough.......and look fine

How long you wanna live anyway!!
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Oh I guess about 80 or so years would be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
I can't believe people out there have nothing better to do than to check out other peoples body features Don't they have a life?
I certainly don't care in the least. I would not alter myself physically because I do not believe in doctors period. Most don't know as much as you think and most procedures are relatively new. So looks to me as we're the guinnea pigs or fools that let 'em practice on us.
Eat right, drink filtered water and get enough rest and exercises, you'll live long enough.......and look fine

I am with you on the doctors. They are good at freaking you out with all the different test and number scales to go by. I just know how vain some folks are with there plastic surgery and mirror. You must first like yourself. Good post refugen3. Just what does your avatar mean ??
Isaac
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
They float if they are fake. What is real ? What your mind tells you is real
Isaac
Who told you that? Call Dan the man and ask him. Inquiring minds want to know...knowing minds already know!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
I certianly don't care in the least. I would not alter myself physically because I do not believe in doctors period. Most don't know as much as you think and most procedures are realitively new. So looks to me as we're the guinnea pigs or fools that let 'em practice on us.
Eat right, drink filtered water and get enough rest and excercise, you'll live long enough.......and look fine

Well, I sure hope that you never need a good doctor because I promise you in this life the odds are that you will need one at least once or someone in your family will. Furthermore, most doctors do know more than you know and use that information daily to take care of lives and save lives, new procedures or not. Yes, we've been on here poking a little fun at plastic surgery but it certainly has its place in medicine that is solely not for vanities sake.

Have you ever thought about the breast cancer patient who undergoes a double mastectomy? Then she suffers the horrible effects of chemotherapy. Yes, she has plastic surgery to restore some dignity to her life by whom? A PLASTIC SURGEON. Or what about the child born with a cleft palate who can't even nurse when he is born? Who is going to repair that cleft palate and restore his face to look decent so that your child doesn't make fun of him? A PLASTIC SURGEON. Need I say more.

Now, yes good healthy living certainly will take you far in life as opposed to an unhealthy lifestyle but still there are some things you can not control that go on within your body. And when they do, I sure as snot hope there is a physician around to take care of me. Most are good physicians, yes there are some bad eggs (we've discussed that before) but just do your homework on them before you pick one.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The bit dog barked

Quote:
Well, I sure hope that you never need a good doctor because I promise you in this life the odds are that you will need one at least once or someone in your family will. Furthermore, most doctors do know more than you know and use that information daily to take care of lives and save lives, new procedures or not. Yes, we've been on here poking a little fun at plastic surgery but it certainly has its place in medicine that is solely not for vanities sake.

Have you ever thought about the breast cancer patient who undergoes a double mastectomy? Then she suffers the horrible effects of chemotherapy. Yes, she has plastic surgery to restore some dignity to her life by whom? A PLASTIC SURGEON. Or what about the child born with a cleft palate who can't even nurse when he is born? Who is going to repair that cleft palate and restore his face to look decent so that your child doesn't make fun of him? A PLASTIC SURGEON. Need I say more.

Now, yes good healthy living certainly will take you far in life as opposed to an unhealthy lifestyle but still there are some things you can not control that go on within your body. And when they do, I sure as snot hope there is a physician around to take care of me. Most are good physicians, yes there are some bad eggs (we've discussed that before) but just do your homework on them before you pick one.
Would you say that Tbelle Have you been to the doctor to have any plastic work done
Isaac
Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Whether or not I've had plastic surgery is not the question and should not be the question. And now we've changed questions to whether you like doctors or not and whether you believe them or not. Plastic surgery for vanity reasons is all personal choice but there are medical reasons as well why people must have surgery. Without physicians many, many of us would not be on this planet today so I think it would be wise to be thankful for them and the role they serve.

And yes I take the whole picking on doctors thing personally. But let me ask you this, is it vain to go get your teeth cleaned or your cavity fixed?