Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Music

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Van Halen coming close to shreveport!

VanHalen has added new shows to their world tour including DALLAS on 1-26-08 and NewOrleans 2-8-08. Tickets go on sale 12-1-07 @ 10:00am. Prices are $49.00 - $149.00 The current line-up includes Diamond Dave, the brothers Eddie and Alex, and Eddie's son, Wolfgang (wolfie) on Bass.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Wonder if they can still rock out? Not sure with fresh out of rehab Eddie and young wolfgang on bass. I don't know the story, but I feel like Michael Anthony probably got a raw deal. I think Eddie must be difficult to work with. Now if he only had a family member that could sing, Diamond Dave would be out on his can again.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Van Halen kicks ass, but , I liked them better with Sammy Hagar. I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there, I'm sorry but Margaritaville has nothing on this place. Of course this was back in the day. Eddy can bend a guitar like no other, but David Lee Roth is a has been. Sammy is still rockin'. That's just my opinion. I liked their sound and there songs with Sammy.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
Van Halen kicks ass, but , I liked them better with Sammy Hagar. I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there, I'm sorry but Margaritaville has nothing on this place. Of course this was back in the day. Eddy can bend a guitar like no other, but David Lee Roth is a has been. Sammy is still rockin'. That's just my opinion. I liked their sound and there songs with Sammy.
I liked sammy too-5150 rocked. but I could never admit to being a fan of Van Hagar until now.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Why now? What made you see the light?
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
saw van hagar at the cotton bowl, during one of those Texas Jam concerts, they closed the show I believe.. never was a big fan of van halen, but had fun at the show..

I saw a clip recently from this most recent tour.. I think it was "jump" or something like that.. starts off with a keyboard riff.. anyways, they don't have a keyboard player, and the riff was being dubbed in from somewhere, only at like double speed or something.. so Eddie's guitar playing along with it, was way off key, it was HORRIBLE.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Van Hagar?? Are y'all serious??
Michael Anthony is not playing with them because he is under contract with Sammy Hagar and the Cabo Wabos. I saw an interview where he said he never expected a reunion, but maybe next time....
Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
Why now? What made you see the light?
Old enough now to be beyond the ridicule of my peers.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Van Hagar?? Are y'all serious??
Michael Anthony is not playing with them because he is under contract with Sammy Hagar and the Cabo Wabos. I saw an interview where he said he never expected a reunion, but maybe next time....
I don't know why, but I always liked Michael Anthony. I guess because he didn't seem to fit-strange bedfellows.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there,

I've been there It was one of the scuzziest places I've ever been. Is it not open anymore? I was last there in 2000.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
saw van hagar at the cotton bowl, during one of those Texas Jam concerts, they closed the show I believe.. never was a big fan of van halen, but had fun at the show..

I saw a clip recently from this most recent tour.. I think it was "jump" or something like that.. starts off with a keyboard riff.. anyways, they don't have a keyboard player, and the riff was being dubbed in from somewhere, only at like double speed or something.. so Eddie's guitar playing along with it, was way off key, it was HORRIBLE.
I thought Eddie played keyboard on Jump-or was that just for the video?

ahhhh so 80s-takes me back.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I thought Eddie played keyboard on Jump-or was that just for the video?

ahhhh so 80s-takes me back.
You were just a zygote in the 80s Morpheus
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for Diamond Dave the original gigilo!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
You were just a zygote in the 80s Morpheus
negative ghostrider! My first job was at hastings records in Marshall mall. I was there when 1984 came out. I was under tremendous peer pressure to steal the life size "cherub smoking the cigarette" display that we had there.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
negative ghostrider! My first job was at hastings records in Marshall mall. I was there when 1984 came out. I was under tremendous peer pressure to steal the life size "cherub smoking the cigarette" display that we had there.
Well I was 24 and you must have been 14 I see you know the ghostrider on the storm

Name:  gandalf_riding.gif
Views: 13
Size:  46.6 KB
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote