Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 11-03-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Freedom of speech in America

Freedom of speech !
I must say this is the greatest country on earth. Freedom of speech is a good thing and just like free enterprise it will bring out the best and people and the worst too. We are free to speak out as I am doing now. In the case of the Dixie Chicks they used there platform to bash our president and they have that right, now the free enterprise part the people that buy there products have quit buying them and that is there right too. It cost the "Chicks" American Dollars
and they will be just a memory and the people have spoken
with there pocket books. I love this country !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Homophones

their = possessive pronoun meaning "belonging to them;" "I like their new house"
there = adjective describing a location; "it is over there"
they're = a contraction of "they are;" "They're coming over for dinner."

I hate to be a grammar Nazi but like I said before, it makes your posts hard to read and muddies your point.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
o.k. so yea we have free speech. yea the market can react how it wants. But what has scared the heck out of me these last few years.. So the Dixie chicks dissed the president.. tell me, HOW LONG have people been dissing the president.. FOREVER! But these last few years.. should you choose to do so.. should you choose to disagree with the current administration, should you choose to disagree with the war in Iraq.. "Other" people will label you UNPATRIOTIC or claim you DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS. And I find that response to be very dangerous.

Yes, Bush is our President.. yes, I hope this administration makes the RIGHT decision, and yes I hope everything turns out o.k. in Iraq, and our troops can come home safe and sound.. and the mission TRULY ACCOMPLISHED. But in the mean time.. it is our right.. it is our duty as citizens of this country, to QUESTION EVERYTHING. It goes on everyday in this country now. Question the course of action.. and they want to start throwing "labels" at you. I find it insane.

Rough Rider.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Question

She didn't question something, she made a statement that indicated she had already made a decision.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I hate to be a grammar Nazi

you are a grammar Nazi ! read thru my mistakes and make your point if you have one ? do you copy edit the phone book ? well back to the point that freedom comes at a price like it or leave it. the reason for the dixie chicks fall is they are way off base with what they said and yes they can say anything they would like to say and the customer has the right to buy what they would like. i have friends on the left and right and I dont label them as anything but i do listen to there thoughts and just like everybody i have a opinion and some folds like to deviate from the subject to make there point
like old joe there. joe go plug in your ipod and i bet you love red ink :-))))
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote