Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #121
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Boy "EVER" is a long time. Satsumas are for sale all up and down the road from Opalousas to BR. That's crazy the Ag Center said this.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #122
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Wear Your Broccoli: It May Protect Against Skin Cancer

A team of Johns Hopkins scientists reports in this week’s issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that humans can be protected against the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation — the most abundant cause of skin cancer — by wearing a topical solution containing an extract from broccoli sprouts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304264,00.html
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #123
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Fall Gardens

Allright you fall growers, This thread is getting thin!
I just had to water my Mustards and Spinach and Peppers. I don't remember having to do this last year.

Now the time change is coming and it's going to be dark all the time. I might as well grow mushrooms!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #124
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Time to revisit the veggie thread. I just shot these photos of my broccoli plants. I have two patches with a total of 50 broccoli plants. In the photo you can see multiplying onions between the broccoli. The broccoli crown in the photo still has about ten days before it will be ready. The crown will be about 10" across when it is ready. No weeds in the winter and after you cut the main crown others will grow until March. Taste good and is good for you !

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-8-07 001.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	656.5 KB
ID:	1787

Name:	11-8-07 002.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	600.0 KB
ID:	1788

Name:	11-8-07 003.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	663.6 KB
ID:	1789
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #125
purpahurl
Advanced Member

All right,damnit, my spinach is history. Damn cottontails. I've got owls, two dogs, and an appetite for Brer Rabbit and NO SPINACH!!!!!!