Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The Bullet Proof President

This story of George Washington once appeared in virtually every student text in America, but hasn't been seen in the last forty years. This story deals with George Washington when he was involved in the French and Indian War as a young man only twenty-three years of age.
The French and Indian War occurred twenty years before the American Revolution. It was the British against the French; the Americans sided with the British; and most of the Indians sided with the French. Both Great Britain and France disputed each others' claims of territorial ownership along the Ohio and Mississippi rivers; both of them claimed the same land.

The rest of the story:
http://www.garymcleod.org/bullet.htm
This is well worth the read
Click image for larger version

Name:	George W..jpg
Views:	5
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	870
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
It really is a crying shame that history is being removed from history books for the sake of being politically correct! Our kids need to hear these stories in their original versions then be allowed to form their own opinions!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Amen, Pokie!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I was thinking some of the folks on this board that like history would post to this but it is not happening. Thank you Pokie and Tbelle for your post.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I was thinking some of the folks on this board that like history would post to this but it is not happening. Thank you Pokie and Tbelle for your post.
It was a good post, and an interesting read..

I got distracted by all of my 4th celebrations...
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
This link doesn't work for me:

Server must be down. LOL, we overloaded it!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
This link doesn't work for me:

Server must be down. LOL, we overloaded it!
I tried it and it worked just fine
Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I tried it and it worked just fine
Maybe you have it cached in your browser since you hit it successfully before. Looks like a DNS problem. I can't even do a nslookup on it in order to ping it and see if their server responds or not. Oh well.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You should try using google then to look it up it is well worth you time. It is a short column and makes some very good points.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Huldah

Rep Power: 0 Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice
The Bullet Proof President

This is a very good story; like many others that have been removed from the history books used in our public school system. Too bad they have not only removed the truth, but made it all boring to boot.

Huldah
Huldah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Hey rhertz you might want to go back to computer school. I am sure the fine people at SBLive can teach you a few tricks on a computer
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
That story is obviously complete BS, so it's a good thing we're not teaching it to our children.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
That story is obviously complete BS, so it's a good thing we're not teaching it to our children.
I like your blanket statement there Joe. Opinions, opinions everybody has one and just like the body Did you even read it ?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Of course I read it, how else would I have known how ridiculous it is.

I don't want m kids taught that George Washington was a magical man that was protected from bullets by supernatural powers anymore than I want them taught that he could fly or shoot lasers from his eyes.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I agree, that I don't see the story as "history" but I still found it interesting... seems over the years, we always have a few of these military type leaders.. stand around in the middle of chaos, never flinching.. never seem to get wounded.. it's enspiring LOL
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote