Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #61
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want to be caught riding the fence when that day comes. Nope not I.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #62
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
I agree with your post Texasbelle. I think everybody has their own way or worship. Some real deep and others that like to stay on the surface. I am OK with either one.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #63
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Did you have time in this life to read the Book ? There is no one that will make you read it. You read it not because you have to but because you want to.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #64
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is a choice that people make to get up a few minutes earlier say at 5:30 for that quiet time to spend time studying the Word. For me this month, it's a study of David. What's your study ?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #65
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
I think it is a choice that people make to get up a few minutes earlier say at 5:30 for that quiet time to spend time studying the Word. For me this month, it's a study of David. What's your study ?
II Kings and I Peter. It amazes me just how much there is to be learned and the fact that you never can learn it all. People do hobbies and read to relax and do it for the challenge ? When someone is ready for THE challenge it is time to pick up the BOOK and read. One of my favorite parts of the Bible is the power struggle between David and Saul and how well David handled himself. Good post Tbelle.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #66
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
The book of DAVID is my favorite. A true example of FAITH !
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #67
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I wonder where Deacon rhertz is today ??? I am sure he can make a good post to this thread. Hey "Richard" hertz we need to hear from you.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #68
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo View Post
This is the last I will post in this thread. There are those in this thread who simply mock, condemn, and attack. Then are those who are asking honest questions simply for the sake of knowledge, not necessarily for the sake of conversion.

The sad part is a few people attack me and my religion, and say they only follow what is written in the Bible. I gave biblical references and the Catholic interpretation, and my points are discounted with "waiving incense and holy water". There is no research, no willingness to learn, no willingness to take a deeper look. I am not trying to convert, I am trying to educate. I want people to know the how, what, and why of the Catholic Church.

Catholicism is the last socially acceptable prejudice in America. There are so many misconceptions, and many non-Catholics believe that if one Catholic scorns them, the whole Catholic Church must be bad. The fact is, people of every race, color, religion, ethnicity have the ability to scorn you.
If you think Catholism gets the heat, try being a Pagan in the Bible Belt. Everyone thinks we're devil worshippers and refuse to admit otherwise. There are a lot of hate mongers out there.

Anywho, I'm sure no one is trying to attack your religion, Matty. No one has ever tried to attack my religion (except for BSr). I tend to discuss my religion only with those who legitimately and respectfully prompt me for it. Those who come at me with an attitude or insults will either get ignored or get my own attitude in return. I don't play others' games when discussing religion. I keep an open mind so that I can give others their fair share of space and I expect the same treatment in return.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #69
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
If you think Catholism gets the heat, try being a Pagan in the Bible Belt. Everyone thinks we're devil worshippers and refuse to admit otherwise. There are a lot of hate mongers out there.

Anywho, I'm sure no one is trying to attack your religion, Matty. No one has ever tried to attack my religion (except for BSr). I tend to discuss my religion only with those who legitimately and respectfully prompt me for it. Those who come at me with an attitude or insults will either get ignored or get my own attitude in return. I don't play others' games when discussing religion. I keep an open mind so that I can give others their fair share of space and I expect the same treatment in return.
Anime, so far by you admitting the Pagan thing it has severly limited my ability to get your a date. Actually, I've been unable. Would you consider giving God a try?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #70
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Anime, so far by you admitting the Pagan thing it has severly limited my ability to get your a date. Actually, I've been unable. Would you consider giving God a try?
Already did, more than once, and it is simply not my path. I won't pretend to be faithful to a God that isn't my own. I know God would not want me at church anyway if I was only there to get a date. And no woman who takes religion so seriously that she can't overlook my being a Pagan would respect me if I must pretend to be a Christian to keep her.

Sorry, but I won't convert just because I am single. It would be unfair to me, that potential date, and unfair to God.

There are open-minded Christians out there who can overlook their partner's religion while keeping their own. Those relationships can work. I could care less what my partner's religion is and I know that I am not the only one who feels that way.