Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #16
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
So what? What is reputation worth? I've got a good reputation here on SBLive!, but this doesn't make me an authority of theology. But if you wanna talk religious authorities, I can quote Ray Buckland and Rev. Derek Younger all day.
Who?

I'm saying that advocating Thomas Jefferson and other Founding Fathers, intellectuals of our past, and in the next moment repudiating their statements as there is a huge gap in what their beliefs or statements mean?

The reason I quoted as I did was because they're NOT religiously involved at all, not even related to the subject, but in other areas, of secular origin, you would agree that their beliefs were upstanding and would agree. I am not trying to "convert you to the dark side", I'm simply coming here, posting what I feel, and I'm continually bashed by people who believe I'm persona non grata all day. None of you even know me, and I'm the punching bag for your religious intolerance. It's a shame none of you believe the things you preach.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
LOL, this may be fun!
Can you please remove yourself if you have nothing to share yourself? This isn't the cheerleading forum.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #18
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 37
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 211 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
It's a shame none of you believe the things you preach.
Oh? If you have so keenly ascertained this fact, tell me this. What do I preach and what do I believe?
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #19
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member
 
cosmo kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 59
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 167 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Hey Emo,
Don't pick on Isabella.
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #20
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 186 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Just for the record, Mr. Santabot, I don't force my religion on anyone. I am a Christian who strongly believes that those who call themselves Christians who do evil acts in the name Christianity are not truely Christians. As I said before, you are entitled to believe as you wish, but I believe you came here to ridicule Christians.
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #21
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 37
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 211 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
It sure looks that way to me.
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #22
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Just for the record, Mr. Santabot, I don't force my religion on anyone. I am a Christian who strongly believes that those who call themselves Christians who do evil acts in the name Christianity are not truely Christians. As I said before, you are entitled to believe as you wish, but I believe you came here to ridicule Christians.
And that's your belief; be that as it may, that does not mean it's correct, just as you've stated in quote above, that my views may not be right, and nor shall yours be credited as such.

As for Anime, I never mentioned you specifically before, did I? I authored this post for people to read what I had to say, and comment on such, but your militant stance against my "lack of tact and compassion" which is neither, just because I don't emphatically distort facts to be "less harsh" to those who "can't handle it" does not mean I don't have the ability to assert my ideas in an educated and tactful manner, I don't see to many other posts like mine on these boards, not for their content, but for their style and language.

I did not mean to imply that every person here on this board is a Christian of the fundamentalist variety, I simply stated that as I've been told by various sources (persons from the board) that "you're not welcome here, this is a Christian group, and we don't like the ideas you try to impress on us, please leave". Show me where I am so aggressively attacking Christianity? I've only but exposed some facts about the religion, but where can you attack me? You don't know my beliefs, because I, unlike a lot of people here on this board, do not translate these ignorant hand-me-down ideas into my message.

I never had a problem with anyone until they told me I "didn't have the right to be here" and that for some reason, because I wasn't emphatically supporting Christianity solely, that I wasn't welcome and personally ridiculed openly. I come with the same feelings as any other walking human being, treat me like you'd treat someone you've known all your life, why would you take a forum post as my entire personality? I have to take the responsibility here to expose flaws in both mine and everyone else's mindset and ideas, if it looks aggressive, it's not, I calmly and effectively assert them without even using profanity, something that a lot of these self-claimed Christians haven't even abstained from.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #23
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member
 
cosmo kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 59
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 167 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
hmmmm. S A N T A B O T
could it be.... TO B SATAN????
Attached Images
 
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #24
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 186 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
WHATEVER!
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #25
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 186 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
LOL, Kramer, thanks!
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #26
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member
 
cosmo kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 59
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 167 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
you're welcome!
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #27
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 196 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Santa, did you say you're 17 years old? And what are your beliefs exactly in regards to the existence of God? You DID say you were once a "born again Christian"...has your status changed? Are you now an atheist? I only ask out of curiosity, and to be certain where you stand.
__________________
Molon Labe!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #28
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran
 
Pocahontas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,691
Rep Power: 221 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Just here to share some quotes, some cited, some not, that I think some of you may enjoy, or maybe not. Nevertheless, I'm posting them here anyway for the same of expressing my right to do so.


"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts

"Those who are willing to sacrifice freedoms for security desire neither." -Benjamin Franklin

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to see it." - George Carlin

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." -Robert M. Pirsig

"The mind has no limits, only religion does."

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions" -Blaise Pascal

"If you love God, burn a church" -Jello Biafra

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." -Treaty of Tripoly, Article 11

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason" -Benjamin Franklin

"Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent."

"Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church"
If I went on an athiest board and quoted scripture I would expect to be blasted for that. You know exactly what and why you are doing this Santabot so quit playing coy!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 214 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Thank you, I enjoy the constant abusive welcome I've gained from this amazingly Christian-like brotherly-loving bunch you all seem to be. It's too bad a lowly non-believer like myself will never make it into your sacred kingdom of magical creatures and corpses.

I honestly don't know how some of you put up with yourselves for as long as you have.
Well if you don't feel a warm and fuzzy welcome here, then don't let the door hit you in the butt.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 214 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I did not mean to imply that every person here on this board is a Christian of the fundamentalist variety, I simply stated that as I've been told by various sources (persons from the board) that "you're not welcome here, this is a Christian group, and we don't like the ideas you try to impress on us, please leave". Show me where I am so aggressively attacking Christianity? I've only but exposed some facts about the religion, but where can you attack me? You don't know my beliefs, because I, unlike a lot of people here on this board, do not translate these ignorant hand-me-down ideas into my message.
Hmmm I wonder who/whom would have done such a thing?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com