Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Contests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Christmas in the den

Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas 2005 pic 4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	1959
Christmas in the den.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Hertz Christmas tree 2006...

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1960
Old 12-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
Merry Christmas.

Here's a pic from Christmas past.

Who is the ape in the back left with just his eyes showing ? Could this be the guy that burns Christmas trees ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #19
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Who is the ape in the back left with just his eyes showing ? Could this be the guy that burns Christmas trees ?
I'm trying to figure out the ugly, Diablo-looking guy in the picture right behind the wheelchair and you're wondering about that dude's eyes?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #20
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
I'm trying to figure out the ugly, Diablo-looking guy in the picture right behind the wheelchair and you're wondering about that dude's eyes?
Yeah, one of those tech support guys.. you were lucky if you didn't get ahold of him during a support call.

TGIF !!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
We know all about you tech support guys
Name:  boom8fo8ne6xy.gif
Views: 54
Size:  431.3 KB
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #22
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
We don't have lights up this year, so i snapped a pic of my neighbors' lights:

Actually, I snapped 9 pics and combined them in Photoshop to get the necessary dynamic range, but I'm an idiot so I forgot to turn auto-ISO off after taking indoor pics of the kids so all the neighbor shots ended up at ISO 3200 and consequently are very noisy. I may try shooting again with the speed set correctly. I don't have a remote for my new camera, though.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
I'm pretty darn sure that pic was doctored with Photoshop...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
We don't have lights up this year, so i snapped a pic of my neighbors' lights:
Cool pic Joe. how did you achieve that starburst effect on the lights? I remember a lens filter called a 'starburst gradient' or something like that back when I was into film photography. Also we used to simply hold a piece of window screen in front of the lenses for a similar effect...Just curious if that is a digital effect or what..
Old 12-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #25
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
That's an optical consequence of the lens aperture and long, high-contrast exposures. I took that with a Sigma 30/1.4 and nothing else, not even a UV filter, on a Nikon D300.

I may go shoot it again with the correct ISO.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #26
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Nice photo JP did you have any help with the color ? Good dept of field !
Old 12-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
That's an optical consequence of the lens aperture and long, high-contrast exposures. I took that with a Sigma 30/1.4 and nothing else, not even a UV filter, on a Nikon D300.

I may go shoot it again with the correct ISO.
I am quite surprised to read this. I would have expected a "aura" or even a "halo" effect rather than a starburst under those circumstances. I really should find the time to scan my old special effects photo album from the 70's... I had all sorts of filters and I had the most fun using UV film for crazy color effects.

I would do things like seal the room so it was completely dark and hang a led light from the ceiling and let it swing with the camera on the floor pointed upwards at the LED with "bulb" setting (aperture open) and make spirograph effects. Stuff like that..
Old 12-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #29
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Shreveport.com community Christmas tree

Tom Pace favorite tree revisited.....

Name:	boardwalk tree sport comm.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1979
Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #30
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
Merry Christmas.

Here's a pic from Christmas past.

This was Christmas 2000 what a memory