Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > The Happy Home

Notices

Old 09-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #1
momrules

Rep Power: 0 momrules is on a distinguished road momrules is on a distinguished road
Recipes

One secret to a happy home is good food at the dinner table. Please share your recipes on this thread. I will start with a recipe for my grandmother's macaroni and cheese.

Ma's Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
(1) pkg large mararoni (my grandmother didn't measure anything, so pick a size)
(1) stick of butter or margarine (cut into 1 tbl sized cubes)
(1) block of sharp cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
(2 or 3) eggs beaten
3/4 cup of milk
Ground pepper (about 1/2 to 1 tsp)
(1) tsp salt

Boil 4 quarts water and add salt. Add Macaroni and boil for 15 min or until cooked. Drain into collander and pour cooked macaroni into oven safe casserole pan (pyrex etc) Add beaten eggs, milk, pepper, cubed cheese, and cubed butter, and black pepper. Toss like a salad until macaroni is coated with mixture. Place casserole in oven. Bake at 350* for 45 min or until slightly brown on top and a little bubbly. Remove from oven. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
momrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by momrules
One secret to a happy home is good food at the dinner table. Please share your recipes on this thread. I will start with a recipe for my grandmother's macaroni and cheese.

Ma's Macaroni and Cheese
Otherwise known as "Grammy Mac & Cheese" 'round these parts.
Definitely a big hit with the kids.

LateNight.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
Buck The Big Man

Rep Power: 0 Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Buck The Big Man
Talking Get your Mac ( & cheese) on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrules

Ma's Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
(1) pkg large mararoni (my grandmother didn't measure anything, so pick a size)
(1) stick of butter or margarine (cut into 1 tbl sized cubes)
(1) block of sharp cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
(2 or 3) eggs beaten
3/4 cup of milk
Ground pepper (about 1/2 to 1 tsp)
(1) tsp salt

Boil 4 quarts water and add salt. Add Macaroni and boil for 15 min or until cooked. Drain into collander and pour cooked macaroni into oven safe casserole pan (pyrex etc) Add beaten eggs, milk, pepper, cubed cheese, and cubed butter, and black pepper. Toss like a salad until macaroni is coated with mixture. Place casserole in oven. Bake at 350* for 45 min or until slightly brown on top and a little bubbly. Remove from oven. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.

Serve with a large slice of homemade Meatloaf, preferably with much good brown gravy, or tomato glaze, (whichever your bunch prefers) some hot fresh bread, and a quart Mason jar of Sweet Tea. Desert at y'all's discretion. I recommend a Dutch oven cobbler personally

"Keep a smile on your face,
and a song in your heart!"

Buck "The Big Man"

http://Buckthebigman.com
Buck The Big Man is offline   Reply With Quote