Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Not All Child Sex Abuse Accusations Are True

Unquestionably, the accusation of a child being sexually abused by her father or stepfather is unthinkable. It is a horrible crime and is one that is frequently met with very severe consequences for the offender. The mere accusation itself against a service member will generate immediate reaction by the authorities, both civilian and military, frequently before criminal charges are initiated.

I have two friends that have married a woman with teenage daughters. The daughters did not like the new stepfather and out of jealousy they made false charges against the stepfather. The two fathers were both in their mid
forty's and nice guys that would never do such a thing. They still had to go down to the police station and be questioned and humiliated only to find out that the step daughter made false charges. This happened to my neighbor with a foster child too. The step daughter did not get in any trouble and in all three of these cases neither did the step father but the grief and pain it caused all because a immature step daughter wanted to get back at this man that was now married to her mom. All the little girl had to do is point her finger and say he touched me and the cops are all over it. I think it hurt Kenny more than Robert and Kenny ended up in a divorce. Robert is still married. My neighbor with the foster child moved her out and he is doing well. Very kind man to take in foster children and he and his wife have done it many times.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Kids pointing fingers, what a way to go. That's exactly how the Salem Witch Trials got started. Two kids got sick and started pointing fingers at people they didn't like and screaming "they cursed us!" It's hard to say what the answer is though. Sometimes, kids can be trusted and other times, they can't.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I have also witnessed a case where the exhusband who no longer wanted to pay child support accused the new husband who was of much better "means" of sexually abusing the daughter. Thus an attempt to get out of child support and costing the new husband $50,000 to defend himself. The sheriff's office actually arrested the man only to have to drop the charges later. But not before Channel 3 and the Times splashed the story everywhere. They never seem to come back later and print the story about the charges being dropped. Funny how that works out, huh?

I think the one who makes up the story, even if it's a child, should have some consequences.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I think the media should not release any name of anyone until charges are filed or a conviction is handed down. That would make the already lame liberal media even more boring. With the media it is guilty until found innocent.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I think the media should not release any name of anyone until charges are filed or a conviction is handed down. That would make the already lame liberal media even more boring. With the media it is guilty until found innocent.
Amen! They are definitely not interested in the truth. Only what they can sensationalize.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Amen! They are definitely not interested in the truth. Only what they can sensationalize.
Very true. I'm not sure when journalism turned to sensationalism, but it was this way 25 years ago. Truth takes a back seat to selling a story.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I feel like journalists should be more responsible with their stories. Just as in the cases Isaac and I have pointed out, if a journalists reported these accusations that were then later dropped, found to be false, etc, in my eyes the journalists has a responsibility and obligation to the public to bring back to them the "rest" of the story.

I think the public also needs to know how quick law enforcement will jump many times without proper investigation. On the flip side they don't seem to jump when you really need them too!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Let us not forget the Inquisitor as it prints every face that has been arrested before they go to trial. That should be slander and against the law. Now if found guilty print away but until then not.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Let us not forget the Inquisitor as it prints every face that has been arrested before they go to trial. That should be slander and against the law. Now if found guilty print away but until then not.
The Inquisitor is the only paper I have seen actually come back and print the truth after a person is arrested. Danny Lawler will put into print the "real" story after charges are dropped.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
The Inquisitor is the only paper I have seen actually come back and print the truth after a person is arrested. Danny Lawler will put into print the "real" story after charges are dropped.
The Inquisitor still makes a living off printing names and faces of people that have been convicted of anything. The problem if they wait until the courts have decided then they will be bird dogging the courts. Why does this matter ? Makes it hard for the deals in the back room to go down with out the whole world knowing what happened in the end. I heard rumor that another local Judge is about to be indited