Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #31
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Unfortunately, someone has to work today Things are pretty slow, so I'm gonna try to go by MOMS in a bit for some turkey and dressing
Happy Thanks Giving everyone!
Old 11-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #32
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Ugh! I'm stuffed! I can hardly watch the Cowboys with one eye open. I thought maybe I might wake up if I get up and do something....

Happy Thanksgiving!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #33
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Well it is Thanksgiving Night, I hope all had fun and plenty to eat. I have done Thanksgiving and is now working on Christmas. Got the decorations up , the tree is up , all the lights are on , it is cold outside and it's beginning to look alot like Christmas. Love this time of year!
Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #34
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Ugh! I'm stuffed! I can hardly watch the Cowboys with one eye open. I thought maybe I might wake up if I get up and do something....

Happy Thanksgiving!!
+1...
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #35
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Morpheus I just saw "Wedding Crashers" while vegging out on tv.... Funny Flick.. Now I know where your "motorboat" avatar comes from!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #36
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Unfortunately, someone has to work today Things are pretty slow, so I'm gonna try to go by MOMS in a bit for some turkey and dressing
Happy Thanks Giving everyone!
Sorry you had to work today Vix. It's just not Happy Thanksgiving without turkey and dressing... Hope you got some.. I'd just as soon miss my cabbage and black-eyed peas on new years before I'd miss my dressing on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #37
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I'm stuffed as well. So nice and chilly that we had a fire in the fireplace!
I love it! It is beginning to feel alot like Christmas now with the drop in temps!
Pie I wish I could get motivated to do some Christmas decorating. I love it once it's put up but the prepping drives me nuts.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #38
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Well, I've been in a ditch working an accident
But I just finished some T&D from moms! And I am stuuuufffed!
It was worth the wait! Tomorrow should be fun Lots of traffic, and crowded parking lots
Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #39
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
rhertz I cook my turkey on a smoker for three hours and it turned out great. I think if had left it for six it would have been over cooked. Anyhoo it was great FFNB time for left overs for a few days. Vix glad you got your dinner and I know you will be busy today with the traffic. On to the next holiday and then the new year !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #40
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
That is why I was wondering why rhertz said he was getting up so early to smoke the turkey. It only takes us about 3-4 hrs. as well and it was a fairly large bird.

Everyone have a great Friday!!! I'm off to my parents house for a weekend of more celebrating and family reunions!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #41
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
That is why I was wondering why rhertz said he was getting up so early to smoke the turkey. It only takes us about 3-4 hrs. as well and it was a fairly large bird.

Everyone have a great Friday!!! I'm off to my parents house for a weekend of more celebrating and family reunions!

Been awhile since I smoked a Turkey.. I remember it was a butterball we started it late at night.. went all night long.. and it was good.. according to my limited search on the web..

Quote:
The absolute first step in doing a turkey on a smoker is to pick out a bird that is not the biggest one you can find. The main reason for a smaller bird, 10 to 14 lb. maximum, is the time limitations usually involved. It takes between 6 and 8 hours to smoke a 12 pound turkey and the bigger they get, the longer they take.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #42
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
Been awhile since I smoked a Turkey.. I remember it was a butterball we started it late at night.. went all night long.. and it was good.. according to my limited search on the web..
When we smoke a turkey we also start it the night before. We take turns getting up and stoking the smoker. We smoke it all night long and they are very good. It is actually my favorite over baked or fried, they'll eat any kind but I do prefer smoked.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #43
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Well without going into great detail, there's a difference between grilling and smoking. When smoking, temps run only 225* or so. This is slow cooking like a crockpot. Now if you are willing to jack up the temp to 300-350, then sure you can cook a bird quick. But I have an old iron pit that I can't even pick up one end of. It takes hours to heat up and hours to cool down. I DIDN'T use one of those brinkman smokers. I count on on 30 to 35 minutes per pound. My turkey was large and I smoked it about 6-7 hours.. Whose counting? I've heard that the expensive "green egg" smokers are the best but I never seen one in action.