Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
The Golden Compass email

Anybody else received this email lately?

Subject: The Golden Compass

Thought you'd like the scoop on the new movie with Nicole Kidman in it, coming out this December called "The Golden Compass".
Interesting information worth passing along, especially to anyone with children. It's about a movie geared toward kids. It is anti-God,
anti-everything concerning God, it is made by an Atheist. It might be something you would go see, not knowing what the contents are.

For more details, see the link below:
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

I followed the link to snopes. As a parent, I'm not really that concerned about "questionable" movie or television themes (like Harry Potter or Roadrunner cartoons), but somehow this seems more deliberate and sinister.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The problem with the world today is people have gone and put their Bible away. This is just another big step in the negative side of the over all scheme of things. Good post.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Sad, I saw the trailer on tv. Had I not been warned, I might have gone to see this. I like the lord of the rings trilogy and the chronicles of narnia. It's not that I'm afraid I'll be influenced. I won't contribute to this jackoff making a profit.
Good post Morpheus. I have seen Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings and they were good movies. I do see the dark side of the movies. Most kids would be fine but kids that on the edge anyway may get sucked in. I too will keep my dollars on this one.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Sad, I saw the trailer on tv. Had I not been warned, I might have gone to see this. I like the lord of the rings trilogy and the chronicles of narnia. It's not that I'm afraid I'll be influenced. I won't contribute to this jackoff making a profit.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote