Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Schools & Education

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #16
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Gomer to the rescue!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gomer.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	373  

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
It's all about what perspective you want to look at it from.
EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU, GENIUS.

The law is the law, there are no alternate perspectives when a Marine strikes a teacher in front of a classroom full of witnesses.

Separation of church and state...get used to it.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Well under most circumstances I would agree with you, and maybe even this one, because I really do not know all the facts. Sure I would prefer that God do all his own “dirty work” and make it easy for all of us here on earth. But sometimes we humans are particularly well suited to do God’s will on his behalf. Why else were we created? We are here not only to pray to Him but to act in service to Him and he gave us a the “owners manual” to do so.
I'm pretty sure this is a fictional piece and we have all of the facts we are going to get.

So the question is, what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Quote:
Sometimes God divinely inspires us and sometimes this inspiration calls us to action. For example, if a Good Samaritan sees someone in need on the side of the road and asks why, God may call him or her to action in order to ease that persons suffering. Is there a flip side to this type of deed?
C'mon Dude.....Comparing punching someone in the face to helping an old lady change her tire is a stretch even for you!!!
Quote:
Certainly “revenge is mine” said the Lord. I do not think a good Christian would assault someone else for revenge. But is possible that God can act through a person other than Jesus to get his message across? In other words, it is possible this person was willing to break the law and assault someone and be willing to suffer the earthly consequences, even jail time, believing his actions were God’s will?
I reiterate...what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Quote:
No one can say if this guy acted 100% under his own motivation, or if he may have been divinely inspired to do what he did. We cannot peek inside someone’s mind like that. Or else a lot of lawyers would be out of a job!!
Lawyers wouldn't be out of a job because no aspect of our law is built around divine intervention. You either broke the law or you did not and the marine in this story clearly broke the law.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Questioning my patriotism doesn't change the fact that once again, you are in approval of criminal activity. It merely supports the corruption we've witnessed from the christian community for over two thousand years.
Hey Buddy ! You see the marine will do what is the right thing and lay the teacher out no matter what your ACLU thinks. He would be charged with a simple assault misdemeanor, there will be a fine and well worth paying to not let that slack jawed liberal get away with with his insults like you make to Christians. I would never go to your home and bring up things I know you do not agree on but if you walked in my home and pop off about Christianity or mock God this "old man" would bust your ass right out the door. My domain. So as the teacher addressed the class you address this forum with condesending attacks to get people to reply to you so you can do more of your demonic attacks. Were your parents anything like Alec Baldwin and Kim Baysinger ?
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #20
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Hey Buddy ! You see the marine will do what is the right thing and lay the teacher out no matter what your ACLU thinks.
Try first amendment, stupid.
Quote:
He would be charged with a simple assault misdemeanor, there will be a fine and well worth paying to not let that slack jawed liberal get away with with his insults like you make to Christians.
First of all, he didn't insult any christian. YOU and the Marine took insult at the expression of his beliefs.

In the second place, crimes in school zones carry heavier penalties. This isn't the same as two guys dukeing it out at the bar on friday night.

and last but certainly not least, his college career at that institution is over and I'd be interested to hear what the military would do to someone expelled from school and charge with assault for striking a teacher in the classroom.
Quote:
I would never go to your home and bring up things I know you do not agree on but if you walked in my home and pop off about Christianity or mock God this "old man" would bust your ass right out the door. My domain.
You mean like the teacher did in his own classroom, his domain. damn you're stupid.
Quote:
So as the teacher addressed the class you address this forum with condesending attacks to get people to reply to you so you can do more of your demonic attacks. Were your parents anything like Alec Baldwin and Kim Baysinger ?
I wish.....my Dad wasted his time with a belt.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Try first amendment, stupid.

First of all, he didn't insult any christian. YOU and the Marine took insult at the expression of his beliefs.

In the second place, crimes in school zones carry heavier penalties. This isn't the same as two guys dukeing it out at the bar on friday night.

and last but certainly not least, his college career at that institution is over and I'd be interested to hear what the military would do to someone expelled from school and charge with assault for striking a teacher in the classroom.

You mean like the teacher did in his own classroom, his domain. damn you're stupid.

Poor Abby Normal Brain the teacher is being paid to be in a room full of students ( I am sure you would not know about that) and the students are paying to get a education not listen to someone put down their faith. Now bull**** boy you do not understand marines. I am sure they would not let your kind in the Marines. Do you think your Christian family as you called them are scum as you have said in other post about Christians ? The serpent seed is alive and well So pretty boy is it girls or boys for you ? or both
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
What laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break.
Assuming that is indeed a question, the answer is none, and I never implied otherwise. Some people who are inspired by God end up in jail for their belief. Nobody ever said life was fair, not even God almighty.

Quote:
If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Who said punching an athiest or anyone for that matter is OK? Not me. Assault and battery is a serious crime.

Quote:
I reiterate...what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Punching anyone is not OK by legal standards in which I agree with. But if God told me to punch you out, and I did it, that would be OK in the sense that I would be sued by you and go to jail, etc. Maybe it would be "worth" it and maybe it wouldn't.

Quote:
Lawyers wouldn't be out of a job because no aspect of our law is built around divine intervention. You either broke the law or you did not and the marine in this story clearly broke the law.
I see your point, and I agree with it. lets say that God told me to do something that is illegal and I choose to do it on purpose knowing full well that there are legal consequences, then that is my sole business or "karma" if I may be so bold. Many have suffered personally and even gone to jail to bring the bible to you and me. I consider it a gift. A very dear gift paid for with solid "currency".
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Did I mention tis the time for all good men to have a glass of wine?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fightinganimals.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	376  

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #24
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
I agree with Brain almost entirely here, about all I could do is quote him and nod.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Poor Abby Normal Brain the teacher is being paid to be in a room full of students ( I am sure you would not know about that) and the students are paying to get a education not listen to someone put down their faith. Now bull**** boy you do not understand marines. I am sure they would not let your kind in the Marines. Do you think your Christian family as you called them are scum as you have said in other post about Christians ? The serpent seed is alive and well So pretty boy is it girls or boys for you ? or both
I understand bull****ters like you generally don't have anything to add to a conversation other than more bull****.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
hmmm....maybe he should have invested his time into taking you to a shrink instead.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #27
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I agree with Brain almost entirely here, about all I could do is quote him and nod.
Santabot, two things are expressed by your avatar. (1) You are a white guy with a bad hair cut, and (2) you like to trip on LSD.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #28
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Assuming that is indeed a question, the answer is none, and I never implied otherwise. Some people who are inspired by God end up in jail for their belief. Nobody ever said life was fair, not even God almighty.
So if some people who are divinely inspired end up in jail, and you openly approve of the illegal activity that landed them in prison in the first place, then why shouldn't I consider you untrustworthy as well and more likely than the average person to commit a crime of your own?
Quote:

Who said punching an athiest or anyone for that matter is OK? Not me. Assault and battery is a serious crime.
Everyone that approved of the actions of the marine portrayed in the story.
Quote:
Punching anyone is not OK by legal standards in which I agree with. But if God told me to punch you out, and I did it, that would be OK in the sense that I would be sued by you and go to jail, etc. Maybe it would be "worth" it and maybe it wouldn't.
Well, I promise you only one of us is anxiously waiting to die.

Quote:
I see your point, and I agree with it. lets say that God told me to do something that is illegal and I choose to do it on purpose knowing full well that there are legal consequences, then that is my sole business or "karma" if I may be so bold. Many have suffered personally and even gone to jail to bring the bible to you and me. I consider it a gift. A very dear gift paid for with solid "currency".
The teacher was in no way, shape, or form impeding on the right of anyone in that class to worship as they see fit.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #29
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
[

Santabot, two things are expressed by your avatar. (1) You are a white guy with a bad hair cut, and (2) you like to trip on LSD.
If you've read around, you'd note this isn't me in my avatar, I've taken it from another forum from someone else because I liked it.

My hair isn't cut like that, I am white, and you can't determine my likes and dislikes about drugs from any of my posts thus far, but I will reveal that I've ingested my fair share of LSD in my time, yes.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #30
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
hmmm....maybe he should have invested his time into taking you to a shrink instead.
LAF

Which one of us do you think worships omnipotent beings living in the clouds again?