Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #61
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Just received Morphette's one piece lavender ski outfit, mittens and two pairs of long underwear from REI online! I do wish we had one here, but I don't think the market is big enough.

Ditto with whole foods. Not enough wealthy liberals to make it fly. Most of the money is with the old guard republicans.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #62
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Shreveport will get an Apple store right after it gets a Tiffany's.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #63
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Shreveport will get an Apple store right after it gets a Tiffany's.
LOL - that's just what happened here in Charlotte. Can't say I've bothered to go into the Tiffs though (it's right down the hall from the Apple store).

Morpheus - yeah, Whole Foods, it's not cheap but the quality meat and such are great. Plus you can even "dine" there with the whole selction and range of prepared food options and food stations. There's not one here but my company is based in Redmond, WA and it's right next to a hotel I stay at from time to time. FYI: I got the REI co-op membership and get a few bucks back each year on on my purchases. Not sure if you bothered for one purchase (I joined in the mid 90s and not sure how much it was... but now a one time $15 fee)...
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #64
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
LOL - that's just what happened here in Charlotte. Can't say I've bothered to go into the Tiffs though (it's right down the hall from the Apple store).

Morpheus - yeah, Whole Foods, it's not cheap but the quality meat and such are great. Plus you can even "dine" there with the whole selction and range of prepared food options and food stations. There's not one here but my company is based in Redmond, WA and it's right next to a hotel I stay at from time to time. FYI: I got the REI co-op membership and get a few bucks back each year on on my purchases. Not sure if you bothered for one purchase (I joined in the mid 90s and not sure how much it was... but now a one time $15 fee)...
Yeah I'm an REI member. I used to live in Houston and we had a whole foods with a whole earth provisions hooked on to the side. I think it was on shepherd in the same vicinity as this huge tower records that had music crammed into every conceivable nook and cranny. I do miss the variety of shopping there. 1/2 price books was another favorite.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote