Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #31
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
1. Th city/state needs to solve the traffic problem before Youree Drive becomes a viable lunch destination. It doesn't matter how wide they make Youree, it's still going to take forever to get in and out of there if my only options are Youree, 70th, Clyde Fant, and Bert Kouns in their present configurations.

2. Am I the only person that finds the Boardwalk to be a big yawn? The food is TERRIBLE and I have yet to see a single store other than Bass Pro that even remotely interests me.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #32
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
1. Th city/state needs to solve the traffic problem before Youree Drive becomes a viable lunch destination. It doesn't matter how wide they make Youree, it's still going to take forever to get in and out of there if my only options are Youree, 70th, Clyde Fant, and Bert Kouns in their present configurations.

2. Am I the only person that finds the Boardwalk to be a big yawn? The food is TERRIBLE and I have yet to see a single store other than Bass Pro that even remotely interests me.
I think the food at the Boardwalk is pretty good. The sushi is great ! Youree Drive is now part of the declining area of town like Spring Lake. What is it at Bass Pro that you like best joe ? Do you hunt or fish ? Maybe it is the Sonic inside
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #33
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
All the sushi places around here get their ingredients from the same place so the sushi is the same everywhere. Boardwalk=Tokyo=Shogun=Ichiban

I bird hunt and own a ski boat.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
All the sushi places around here get their ingredients from the same place so the sushi is the same everywhere. Boardwalk=Tokyo=Shogun=Ichiban

I bird hunt and own a ski boat.
Bird hunting I can see. I am have having a visual of Joe skiing !

Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterSki.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1853
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 11-20-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #35
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I go to the Gap because the prices really are good. I bought some Nike tennis shoes for 15 bucks last year at the Nike outlet. Banana Republic is good too.
If you like bargains it's not bad. And I too buy almost all the men on my Christmas list items from Bassl Pro. Salt Grass is okay I haven't eaten at The Cheesecake Bistro yet but the one in BR is excellent! Oh and the fact that it is clean and safe is a plus and I don't have to look at butt cracks!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #36
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
I enjoy going to the boardwalk as well. However. I am lovin Kohls. They have a little bit of everything and the prices aren't bad either.
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #37
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I like Kohl's and its prices as well! The new JC Penney's is nice too.
Have any of you been to Dick's yet? It looks like another Bass Pro from the outside.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #38
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Yes I like Kohl's and its prices as well! The new JC Penney's is nice too.
Have any of you been to Dick's yet? It looks like another Bass Pro from the outside.
No, I haven't been to Dick's. Just what we need to occupy more good shopping space - another Bass Pro!!
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #39
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Trivia game??? Any devout reader of People could probably kick your bootay in that game. We might have to make a SB Trivia contest at Wild Wings!!!
I have my niches that I am very good at. Pretty good at trivial pursuit too. I think if we go to BWW and play trivia, we should use our screen names here. That way we know a SBLiver is lurking on the premises and might be fun to guess who it is.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #40
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I saw that new Sonic out there today- I have one about 1/4 mile from my house and I love it!
And I still think we need a SPEED ZONE !!
I've been to the one in Dallas at I35 and Walnut hill. The dragsters were awesome as were the big carts. I don't know if SB will support it though. We couldn't even keep Hamel's open.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #41
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:

What about clothes for your kiddos? There are several good kid's clothing shops there. Other than that, I would have to agree. Hooter's excluded of course.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #42
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Trivia game??? Any devout reader of People could probably kick your bootay in that game. We might have to make a SB Trivia contest at Wild Wings!!!
I have my niches that I am very good at. Pretty good at trivial pursuit too. I think if we go to BWW and play trivia, we should use our screen names here. That way we know a SBLiver is lurking on the premises and might be fun to guess who it is.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #43
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I go to the Gap because the prices really are good. I bought some Nike tennis shoes for 15 bucks last year at the Nike outlet. Banana Republic is good too.
If you like bargains it's not bad. And I too buy almost all the men on my Christmas list items from Bassl Pro. Salt Grass is okay I haven't eaten at The Cheesecake Bistro yet but the one in BR is excellent! Oh and the fact that it is clean and safe is a plus and I don't have to look at butt cracks!
I have heard the Cheesecake Bistro is very good. I haven't been there. Be careful with the outlets. I went to a ralph lauren outlet in San Marcos, TX, where baby sis went to school. I bought several long sleeve shirts. When I got home the tails were too short to stay tucked in!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #44
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I have heard the Cheesecake Bistro is very good. I haven't been there. Be careful with the outlets. I went to a ralph lauren outlet in San Marcos, TX, where baby sis went to school. I bought several long sleeve shirts. When I got home the tails were too short to stay tucked in!
Now Morpheus you know us women would try the things on while still in the store. We like to know before we get home if it's going to work or not!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #45
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Am I the only person that finds the Boardwalk to be a big yawn? The food is TERRIBLE and I have yet to see a single store other than Bass Pro that even remotely interests me.
Hello?? The Boardwalk has crab! Joe's Crab Shack. Dungenous Crab.....Snow Crab..........................Alaskan King CRAB...

Support the Deadliest Catch!!!

heck joe I figured you'd like crab knowing that one out of every 100 fishermen die each season (on average) catching the delicacy (Dungenous excluded). That's pretty sick but I love it!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote