Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
What new stores are you excited about?

Shreveport and Bossier seem to be booming right now with all kinds of new shops and stores! What stores are you most excited about either already opened or about to be? Come on, guys too, this isn't just about clothes!
I will start by saying though that I'm excited about the new Kohl's and JC Penney's opening soon in Shreveport!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Dave & Buster's is finally coming to shv.- maybe we will get a SPEEDZONE !
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Victoria's Secret
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vicky.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1402
Amazing how so little can look so nice
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I've been waiting for any kind of decent stores NORTH of town.. closer to Blanchard.. recently, this has consisted of a new Car Wash, a floor/tile store and a new bank.. BLAH... Always feels like to do any decent grocery shopping, requires a "trip into town, for supplies"

I'd be excited about real grocery store out this way, or a hardware store, or an electronics store. In the mean time, it's a trip down hwy 1 and onto 220, to head towards south shreveport or towards Bossier and Airline drive.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
I've been waiting for any kind of decent stores NORTH of town.. closer to Blanchard.. recently, this has consisted of a new Car Wash, a floor/tile store and a new bank.. BLAH... Always feels like to do any decent grocery shopping, requires a "trip into town, for supplies"

I'd be excited about real grocery store out this way, or a hardware store, or an electronics store. In the mean time, it's a trip down hwy 1 and onto 220, to head towards south shreveport or towards Bossier and Airline drive.
Oh how nice it is to live out in the country but ................. long drive to get a cup of ice and your Sunday Whiskey
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Dave & Buster's is finally coming to shv.- maybe we will get a SPEEDZONE !
Where is this store going to be.I went into one in Florida, it was awesome.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My favorite would have to be the Louisiana Boardwalk in general, and Joe's Crab Shack in particular! gotta support those crab fishermen!!

I like this little store at the boarwalk called Old Farmer's Almanac General Store. It has all sorts of "old school" stuff I like.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
Oh how nice it is to live out in the country but ................. long drive to get a cup of ice and your Sunday Whiskey
LOL, yes, I enjoy the "country" living, but driving into town for whiskey used to be a pain in the #$$. Not to mention Blanchard is "dry" however, a truck stop type gas station "elsies" opened up a few years back just a few miles away on hyw 1. with a full assortment of whiskeys to choose from. LOUSY beer selection, but I don't drink much beer anyways.

now if they just had a walk in humidor with some good cigars, I'd be all set

now is there ANY place in Shreveport/Bossier you can buy whiskey on a SUNDAY ?? whiskey night is usually Friday Night around here.. every now and again it might be saturday.. but never Sunday.. unless of course monday is holiday

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
Victoria's Secret
Attachment 1402
Amazing how so little can look so nice
Do you shop there often?

Jennifer Aniston
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #10
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I am excited about JC Penney's. I hate the Bossier Mall and never go there, so I have to order towels, etc. over the phone. It will be nice to see merchandise in person. Can Shreveport support all those new stores? How is the Boardwalk doing? I was out Ellerbe Road and Norris Ferry Road the other day. Nice homes out there. Is that a good place to live? One day, I may want to build out there. It will be closer to my husband's work.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Well, I for one would absolutely LOVE to see a Ruth's Chris Steak House. All the bigger cities have one and I dont want to have to cross the border for that experience...though from what I hear, it would almost be worth it!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Surprise, surprise !!! Bass Pro
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bass Pro.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1411
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I am excited about JC Penney's. I hate the Bossier Mall and never go there, so I have to order towels, etc. over the phone. It will be nice to see merchandise in person. Can Shreveport support all those new stores? How is the Boardwalk doing? I was out Ellerbe Road and Norris Ferry Road the other day. Nice homes out there. Is that a good place to live? One day, I may want to build out there. It will be closer to my husband's work.
The Boardwalk is doing well! I have to admit it's not the first place I think of when I need to run and get some items but The Gap Outlet and Banana Republic I really like. Good prices especially Gap! The numbers on The Boardwalk were in the paper recently and were quite impressive! I used to live out Ellerbe before it was booming like it is now! It is quite lovely out that way and I wouldn't mind living there again.

Note to Al...I believe we once had a Ruth's Chris, on Line Ave. That was a long time ago though.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
We used to have a Ruth's Chris here, but it shut down after oil went to $8 a barrel. I like Ruth's Chris, but we've got local alternatives (Superior's and The Cub) that's provide everything RC would.

I thought we were getting a PF Chang's but I don't see their name on the sign. I bet Imperial Cathay is relieved, they would be out of business about 30 minutes after PF opened its doors.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone know where Dave & Buster's is going to be. I also know there is a Logan's Steakhouse coming, they are good, there's one in Monroe I go to.