Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Have you ever regifted?

Now that Christmas is over time to fess up! Did you regift anything this year?
I will go first and take a brave stand here and say yes I did! A neighbor I don't see often called and said she was on her way over with some goodies she had baked. I was behind on my baking so wasn't ready to reciprocate.
I then remembered that I had been given a lovely basket of Godiva chocolates so I gave them to my neighbor. It was a nice basket that I would have enjoyed so I felt good about the exchange.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Nope, no regifting here.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
You won't shoot a gun indoors but you will regift. Tsk tsk
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My mom is the queen of regifting. She regifts somewhere between 25 and 50% of everything she receives pre-christmas. I probably get at least 10% of that. I like the cheeze straws myself.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
We have a special regifting area in our closet. My wife keeps blank occasion cards as well (birthdays, etc.)
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
We have a special regifting area in our closet. My wife keeps blank occasion cards as well (birthdays, etc.)

LOL Morpheus - never thought of it that way but I guess we do too. In my walk-in there at the back corner are some items we unwrapped but never opened the box - like a set of hideous high-ball glasses too ugly to even qualify as kitsch, too dear for garage sale or for Good Will. Someday we'll unload them and the others.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Oh yea it is the best way to shop. Does it really matter where the gift comes from ? NOT ! Gift cards and fake Christmas tree are the way of the future.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
We re-gift all the wine we are given!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
We re-gift all the wine we are given!!!
Well your friends have good taste in wine
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't regift this year, but I to have the closet with unopened toys for the occasional b-day that is forgotten, and other such items for emergencies!
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote