Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 196 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Machine pulls drinking water from air

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/lo...2-2da38dc542ad

Quote:
In humid conditions you could easily make 1,000 gallons of water.
Quote:
It sounds like a magic trick, but new technology can literally create drinking water out of thin air.
What will they come up with next?
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 196 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I agree this could be very useful in an emergency when water is needed.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 206 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I have two of those in my house. They're called "air conditioners."
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 215 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I have two of those in my house. They're called "air conditioners."
BAM! there it is yes, no doubt.. if I'm not careful, my ac will produce enough to overflow
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 37
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 208 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That is awesome. We should make a large facility of these machines and solve the whole drought problem worldwide.
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 196 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Okay, the ac does the same, well just go out to back of the unit catch you a big glass and enjoy. But I'm not thristy, thanks.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
bah...pointless cheap shot edited in exchange for a question.

What makes their comments humorous and virtually anything I would have said an attack? Is it my USE of the term stupid because I think we all understand that's what joe said and Latenite laughed......
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 215 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
bah...pointless cheap shot edited in exchange for a question.

What makes their comments humorous and virtually anything I would have said an attack? Is it my USE of the term stupid because I think we all understand that's what joe said and Latenite laughed......
No comprendé. I appreciate quick wit and a dry sense of humor.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 196 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Thank LN, some just don't understand a joke.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Yes, I understand you deem this type of an "attack" to be acceptable. I'm asking you to clarify what the difference is, not reiterate that you find this form of "attack" acceptable.

It appears you're promoting a two-faced attitude. It's ok to make FUN of people's stupidity but unacceptable to call them stupid...

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 06-09-2007 at 11:25 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 215 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Yes, I understand you deem this type of an "attack" to be acceptable. I'm asking you to clarify what the difference is, not reiterate that you find this form of "attack" acceptable.

It appears you're promoting a two-faced attitude. It's ok to make FUN of people's stupidity but unacceptable to call them stupid...
this just seems to be an attempt to start something from nothing.. there was no "attack" merely a "joke" or merely a comment on the article at the top of this thread.. but certainly a far cry from an "attack". And had everything to do with "drawing water out of thin air" as opposed to this bit of conversation, which seems way off topic.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
this just seems to be an attempt to start something from nothing.. there was no "attack" merely a "joke" or merely a comment on the article at the top of this thread.. but certainly a far cry from an "attack". And had everything to do with "drawing water out of thin air" as opposed to this bit of conversation, which seems way off topic.

It seems an attempt to start something out of nothing because you've failed to take my question into context just like you failed to relate how your own comments are basically the same.

Virtually anything I could have said was/is taken out of context. I guessed Piemaker would see an attack on her intelligence, you saw it as an attempt to start an argument...a form of attack. It doesn't matter what I say or what the topic is, you disagree with my delivery and therefore mislabel it as an attack....comprendé?

And you've yet to clarify what makes it ok to make fun of a person's stupidity but unacceptable about calling them stupid. Don't tell me you appreciate a dry sense of humor, I can see that.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 215 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
It seems an attempt to start something out of nothing because you've failed to take my question into context just like you failed to relate how your own comments are basically the same.
Well I failed to take your question into context because.. well it was just, you know.. LOL not a 'smart' question. (how's that for tact?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Virtually anything I could have said was/is taken out of context. I guessed Piemaker would see an attack on her intelligence, you saw it as an attempt to start an argument...a form of attack. It doesn't matter what I say or what the topic is, you disagree with my delivery and therefore mislabel it as an attack....comprendé?
Ask Piemaker, or anyone else on this message board, if what Joe said was an "attack" on Piemakers' intelligence. I believe even Piemaker deemed it a joke. look at the rest of my posts in this thread, I have labeled NOTHING as an attack. Other than that, why someone else would label SOMETHING else you said as an attack, I certainly don't have that answer. However, I woul say in general, that there are those on this board, who when they tend to disagree with someone, that can't merely disagree, they must insult as well.. which could then be seen as an attack. When Joe disagrees with someone, or makes a comment, it may be dry, it may be satiric. Some people find both those ideas rude. I don't, I usually find them funny. but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
And you've yet to clarify what makes it ok to make fun of a person's stupidity but unacceptable about calling them stupid. Don't tell me you appreciate a dry sense of humor, I can see that.
Your argument is that what Joe said was an insult of her intelligence. and I don't accept that premise, and neither does Pie.

But to answer your question..
Well I guess it has everything to do with tact, and delivery. Call someone "stupid".. well that's just lame.. or you could say "The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em." and I would find that clever, and a bit more tactful, and less hateful.. but again, that's not even close to what happened here.

So again, I'll reiterate, that I think you are fishing for something that's not here. If you still want to discuss, why something you say is considered an attack when if someone else were to say the same thing. I suppose you have to take into consideration the delivery, the perceived history, and whether or not you included a smiley, when you were calling someone an @#$@#$@#
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 196 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Well I failed to take your question into context because.. well it was just, you know.. LOL not a 'smart' question. (how's that for ta
Ask Piemaker, or anyone else on this message board, if what Joe said was an "attack" on Piemakers' intelligence. I believe even Piemaker deemed it a joke. look at the rest of my posts in this thread, I have labeled NOTHING as an attack. Other than that, why someone else would label SOMETHING else you said as an attack, I certainly don't have that answer. However, I woul say in general, that there are those on this board, who when they tend to disagree with someone, that can't merely disagree, they must insult as well.. which could then be seen as an attack. When Joe disagrees with someone, or makes a comment, it may be dry, it may be satiric. Some people find both those ideas rude. I don't, I usually find them funny. but that's just me.


Your argument is that what Joe said was an insult of her intelligence. and I don't accept that premise, and neither does Pie.

But to answer your question..
Well I guess it has everything to do with tact, and delivery. Call someone "stupid".. well that's just lame.. or you could say "The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em." and I would find that clever, and a bit more tactful, and less hateful.. but again, that's not even close to what happened here.

So again, I'll reiterate, that I think you are fishing for something that's not here. If you still want to discuss, why something you say is considered an attack when if someone else were to say the same thing. I suppose you have to take into consideration the delivery, the perceived history, and whether or not you included a smiley, when you were calling someone an @#$@#$@#
To Brain:
You can ask me but I also will tell I took no offense to Joe's remark, I did not think Joe was attacking my intelligence. I took it as a joke in which I responsed he could drink all he wanted. I was not attacking Joe merely making a joke to his. On the other hand, when I wrote you said you were 6'2", 250 lbs. then 6'2" 200 lbs you got irrate. Look it up yourself Page 9 My space 6'2" 250, page 10 6'2" 200 lbs. Then you insult my intelligence. I care not too argue with you and leave me out of your arguements with others.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #15
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Well I failed to take your question into context because.. well it was just, you know.. LOL not a 'smart' question. (how's that for tact?)
Yes, I understand that your interpretation of my text is and always has been the problem.

It's what I'm trying to get YOU to understand.

Quote:
Ask Piemaker, or anyone else on this message board, if what Joe said was an "attack" on Piemakers' intelligence. I believe even Piemaker deemed it a joke.
Again, EXACTLY what I'm saying....what's the difference? BTW, why SHOULDN'T I question your intelligence when this is the third time I'm posed the exact same question since you are clearly exhibiting a refusal to address the question.
Quote:
look at the rest of my posts in this thread, I have labeled NOTHING as an attack. Other than that, why someone else would label SOMETHING else you said as an attack, I certainly don't have that answer.
I'm not askinbg you to speculate on the actions of other, Einstein, are you not a participant in this conversation as well AND fully capable of relaying your own thought and opinions.....now IF you'll actually get around to doing so is, in fact, another story
Quote:
However, I woul say in general, that there are those on this board, who when they tend to disagree with someone, that can't merely disagree, they must insult as well.. which could then be seen as an attack. When Joe disagrees with someone, or makes a comment, it may be dry, it may be satiric. Some people find both those ideas rude. I don't, I usually find them funny. but that's just me.
Thank you...a well thought out response acknowledging that you realize some people do not see a difference between "satire" and "honesty", but that you do. It's all I've asked you for over the last 12 or so hours today....

Quote:
Your argument is that what Joe said was an insult of her intelligence. and I don't accept that premise, and neither does Pie.
I DID NOT POSE AN ARGUMENT, I asked a question and gave my opinion on the subject.

Yet you STILL don't see how it doesn't matter what I say because of your preconceived notions of what my post will contain. You spent all day trying to figure out my angle of attack when all I wanted was the 2 or 3 sentences you posted abolve....and why wouldn't it piss me off that it took over 12 hours to drag that out of you?!?!?!?!

Quote:
But to answer your question..
Well I guess it has everything to do with tact, and delivery. Call someone "stupid".. well that's just lame.. or you could say "The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em." and I would find that clever, and a bit more tactful, and less hateful.. but again, that's not even close to what happened here.
So then my original comment of " Yeah, condensation, What WILL they think of next...."

although maybe not as funny, would have garnered a non combative responsive from you just like Joe's? Think about this now because the comment I DID post wasn't of a combative nature either....I merely asked a question
Quote:
So again, I'll reiterate, that I think you are fishing for something that's not here. If you still want to discuss, why something you say is considered an attack when if someone else were to say the same thing. I suppose you have to take into consideration the delivery, the perceived history, and whether or not you included a smiley, when you were calling someone an @#$@#$@#
And again, I'm not fishing for anything. I asked a question and for some reason it took you about 13 hours to give a genuine answer then you basically repeated the same thing 3 times in your last 3 paragraphs....and I shouldn't question this mentality?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com