Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #35
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 225 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I can proudly say that I never had a chew of Red Man.. I tried once, but I just couldn't do it. But I did dip snuff once or twice as a young'n... Or maybe I snorted it!
When I was 10 or so my friend and I were lounging about on the porch eating "push ups", you know, those orange sherbet ice creams in the cardboard tube with the plastic disc and handle. I remember finishing my push up and daydreaming about building a toy car from the plastic parts when my friend produced a can of Skoal bandits, which were conveniently packaged pinches of snuff inside a fine mesh bag so that the snuff didn't get all your mouth.

We both placed one "between the cheek and gums" and started on the 5-6 block walk to soccer practice at a local elementary school, spitting every other step whether we needed to or not. About halfway there I began to feel dizzy and discarded my "dip". My friend was able to hold his for maybe a few more strides, but then he was done too.

First on the agenda at soccer practice-LAPS! We both completed two laps and came back to take a knee. By now the field was spinning. I don't remember feeling sick, but soon enough my friend and I were on our hands and knees with a good square yard of orange foam between us!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote