Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I wonder if Mom wasn't so busy using underhanded tactics to spy on her kids if they would be a little less sneaky and more open with her?
In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, "Trust! (but verify)"
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #32
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
But trust is earned not just freely given.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #33
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
We could just make him the new SB Dr. Spock. Always get his advice first on how to raise your children.
And exactly who was it that advised you to manipulate and lie to your children in the guise of an alternate personality?

Do you REALLY think that do as I say not as I do bull**** is working?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #34
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Brain, you need to learn to read. I never said I lied to them. I just play stupid. There is a difference. The minute if one of them asked me if I ever look or has the first question, I'll give them an honest answer. The point of it is with our rules and guidance they don't get on it anymore.

But you know the minute you become a parent and walk in the same shoes as the rest of us, I'll freely listen to your advice. Until then, argue with us about something else.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #35
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You play with da sheet and you get da sheet on you There is no give in him only take
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You play with da sheet and you get da sheet on you There is no give in him only take
I agree with you sir. Some people are best just ignored. They words are about as worthless as the ticks on a dog's behind.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #37
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I think he is more like a parasitic hook worm
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #38
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Brain, you need to learn to read. I never said I lied to them. I just play stupid. There is a difference. The minute if one of them asked me if I ever look or has the first question, I'll give them an honest answer. The point of it is with our rules and guidance they don't get on it anymore.

But you know the minute you become a parent and walk in the same shoes as the rest of us, I'll freely listen to your advice. Until then, argue with us about something else.

Well that's really nice, but here on EARTH, intentionally misrepresenting yourself, IS lying....and in fact, under certain conditions, misrepresenting yourself is illegal (identity theft, insurance fraud, etc, etc)

and although you haven't actually broken any laws, you HAVE in fact violated the very first MySpace term of service agreement (Congratulations on being part of the problem)

Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the MySpace Services is void where prohibited. By using the MySpace Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the MySpace Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.

So the question is, if you have to resort to questionable activity then what exactly makes you any better than those you're trying to catch?

Simply put, as far as I can tell your children are LEARNING their "questionable activity" from YOU or do you feel as a parent you ARE NOT one of the most influential people they have encountered in their life thus far.....

...and if it's not "questionable" then why are you using underhanded tactics to spy on them instead of talking to them in the first place
Old 06-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #39
BrainSmashR
Banned

And let's not forget numbers 6 and 10 on the partial list of prohibited activities.

6. attempting to impersonate another Member or person;

10. # using any information obtained from the MySpace Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;

and I think we all understand that you are in fact impersonating another person, fictious or not, for the sole purpose of obtaining information in order to harass your children for their MySpace activities.

So I ask you again, what makes you better than the "criminal" if you have to "break the law" in order to catch him? Now there is a difference between not strapping your child in a car seat and creating a fictious MySpace account for the sole purpose of spying on your kids, but still.......

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 06-02-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #40
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Okay here is my 2 cents worth...after Columbine; the “experts” advised parents to spy on their children. We were told to know everything that goes on with your children. Afterwards, I started searching my child's room almost weekly. He had NetNanny on his computer, so I would check the log quite often. We never had any trouble with our child. We tried to set a good example for him by not doing the following things, drinking, smoking, and using profanity. He never knew I checked his room out. You have to stay a step ahead of your children, so if they do something wrong, you can address it immediately.

Tbelle, my child is almost finished with college and My Space was not around when he was living at home, but if it was I would certainly check it out. His NetNanny would shut it down if bad language was on the page. LOL. Perhaps you need to install something like it on your computer. It works very well.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #41
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Brain.. certainly we should all try to lead by example etc etc.. but when it comes to our kids safety, ALL BETS ARE OFF.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #42
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Brainsmasher has no children, yet he is loaded with advice and judgement for those who do.

Brainsmasher has no religion, yet he is loaded with advice and judgement for those who do.

What else doesn't Brainsmasher have?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #43
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Okay here is my 2 cents worth...after Columbine; the “experts” advised parents to spy on their children. We were told to know everything that goes on with your children. Afterwards, I started searching my child's room almost weekly. He had NetNanny on his computer, so I would check the log quite often. We never had any trouble with our child. We tried to set a good example for him by not doing the following things, drinking, smoking, and using profanity. He never knew I checked his room out. You have to stay a step ahead of your children, so if they do something wrong, you can address it immediately.

Tbelle, my child is almost finished with college and My Space was not around when he was living at home, but if it was I would certainly check it out. His NetNanny would shut it down if bad language was on the page. LOL. Perhaps you need to install something like it on your computer. It works very well.
Isabella, that was a great post! I do have a program installed! Brain read a whole lot more into what I said that is so incorrect, but if he wants to be that stupid and make such assumptions about false identities, then ASSume away! He will never be on the same page as the rest of us. He is what he is. I will do my job as a parent and ensure that my children are safe and well behaved. I can't help it if Brain doesn't get it.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #44
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Brainsmasher has no children, yet he is loaded with advice and judgement for those who do.

Brainsmasher has no religion, yet he is loaded with advice and judgement for those who do.

What else doesn't Brainsmasher have?
A Brain!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #45
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Brain.. certainly we should all try to lead by example etc etc.. but when it comes to our kids safety, ALL BETS ARE OFF.

And I'm certainly not suggesting you SHOULDN'T go out of your way to protect your children. My point is that lies and manipulation are not, never have been, and never will be the answer.

Did you ASK your children to LET you monitor their MySpace activity or has the trust between you two ALREADY diminished to a point where you expect them to lie and deception was your only alternative?

They're your children, Teabag, they learn FROM you, not in spite of you, and to imply that being a parent or religion plays any role in one's level of intelligence shows just what kind of STUPID **** you're teaching them in addition to how to manipulate the ones they "love".