Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Just say NO to the IRS!

I strongly urge everyone to go to www.fairtax.org and educate yourselves about the Fair Tax grassroots effort to get rid of the federal income tax, abolish the IRS, and repeal the 16th amendment! Its in your best interest, and it would behoove ya to learn more and let our legislators know how ya feel by sending them a free fax online, which ya can do via the site. I simply can NOT over-emphasize the importance of supporting this effort. In the House, the bill is "HR 25", in the Senate, its "S 1025". Just think, you'll get to keep ALL of your paycheck! GO TO THE SITE NOW! Support the movement, tell all your friends and family. And tell our representatives that you INSIST they support these bills! This is YOUR chance to effect a positive change in America!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 04-12-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Fair Tax

I totally agree with you Al this is a GREAT cause and something this Country needs.
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Al once again your right on time

Time to change things ! Tax the working man so the dead beats can live off the government dole. America take a stand and make your voice heard
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I can't tell where this movement is going. Because a lot of things are funded by the taxpayers. I guess this will motivate the government to start spending more carefully instead of squandering our money.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I'm in, but I'm not stupid either. Anything that takes away 1 ounce of power from the hands of government representatives will never happen. (republican or democrat) In other words, we are trending the wrong direction for something like this to happen. It just makes too much sense.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I agree. If we stop paying the government, then it will result in more cuts for the government's countless programs that people use. It's true that fewer people will be abusing the system by living of it, but this will be because the government will make welfare and other assistance programs more difficult to get due to the sudden decrease in funding that will surely come.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
We have another issue here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree. If we stop paying the government, then it will result in more cuts for the government's countless programs that people use. It's true that fewer people will be abusing the system by living of it, but this will be because the government will make welfare and other assistance programs more difficult to get due to the sudden decrease in funding that will surely come.
What will happen if we cut off the public dole to the hood ? Look at New Orleans in the wake of Katrina. It turned into a war zone overnight. No money no crack nothing to loose and there are quite a few of them in every town. Get rid of property tax and flat tax the rest of the people that is the ONLY fair way. Now they can still apply for government assistance but would need to pee in the bottle and have criminal history check before the dole could go out to those who really can not help themselves the old and sick and handicap people who deserve it. That made me feel good
Isaac
Old 04-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
The Tax Rate is Revenue Neutral

The tax rate is revenue neutral - at the level necessary to replace revenue generated by the repealed taxes.

The money coming in is generated by goods purchased - states collect the tax and charge the government 1% to process and pay them monthly on the tax rate determined to be revenue neutral - this rate could adjust over time depending on the revenue generated.

Social Security, Medicare and other programs would still be funded with these monies.
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
The tax rate is revenue neutral - at the level necessary to replace revenue generated by the repealed taxes.

Okey dokey then.. I'm in. where do I sign

'cause what ever we got goin' on now.. I know I'm paying way too much in taxes as is.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
If ya havent already, please tell your friends and family members to go to www.fairtax.org, and send off a free fax to our representatives in the House and Senate, insistin that they support these tax reform bills. Its far too important to procrastinate, so please do this NOW. Support the movement!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I'm all for paying less taxes. It is ridiculous the amount Mr. Belle and I have to pay each year to support a bunch of nappy headed ho's and such to sit on their arses and have babies. Yes, I said it and I don't care if it's not politically correct. We all know it's the truth.

So I'm in.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I'm all for paying less taxes. It is ridiculous the amount Mr. Belle and I have to pay each year to support a bunch of nappy headed ho's and such to sit on their arses and have babies. Yes, I said it and I don't care if it's not politically correct. We all know it's the truth.

So I'm in.
Monday morning coming down there Tbelle. I do wonder what Kramer would have to say about that. I sure he would word it differently but that is just OK with me
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
We can always take up a collection and get Kramer a Chi straightener!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote