Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Hobbies & Crafts

Notices

Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #46
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
While we are posting pictures of our pets, I have a good picture of my pug pickin' her nose with her tongue!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pug_pickin_nose.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	212  

rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #47
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Ha! Rhertz, one of these days Im gonna get me one of them lil snotblowers. They just seem like they'd be the best pets...next to a cat, I mean.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #48
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Looks like ol' Ren here from the Ren & Stimpy show, might have been a pug. No offense intended

Name:  ren--stimpy-4533.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  44.1 KB
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #49
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
He gets it from his father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
So Isaac, how many cigarettes does Bandit smoke after all that "work"? That boy has been busy!
Like father like son
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #50
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ha! Rhertz, one of these days Im gonna get me one of them lil snotblowers. They just seem like they'd be the best pets...next to a cat, I mean.
We love the Pug which gets better medical care than I do. But we also think the Pug is one of the most disgusting creatures on earth, which is part of their appeal. But I guess that after you have had Pug snot blown in your mouth or face a few hundred times, you get used to it.

We have fun around the house trying to figure out if the Pug is half dog and half pig, or half dog and half cat, half dog and half human, half dog and half alien, or what the heck she might be....
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #51
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Looks like ol' Ren here from the Ren & Stimpy show, might have been a pug. No offense intended

Attachment 213
Rens nose is WAYYYYYY too pointy to be a pug. Stimpy has more of a pug nose with pug lips.

LOL, No offense intended?? Towards me? Or the Pug? LMAO, You can dis the pug all you want.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #52
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You can dis the pug all you want.

That is one funky dog that makes funny sounds thru its nose. I have never been around them enough to know how they are for a pet. I am sure you love your snot baby like we all love our dogs and cats. I got to tell you that crazy Kuvaz that Texasbelle has is a mean mother. Kind of like a Ridgeback they do not jack around when it comes to protecting the master one bit. I hope she can get a handle on that dog it is a very strong willed dog with a very big bite. Nothing personal Tbelle but I have read up on this breed and they are tuff puppies. Border Collies ranked number one in IQ and the shepherds companion are very gentile and have energy to burn. If I lived in the country I would want a dog like Rosie but not for a walk in a park.
Isaac
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #53
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Yeah, we've got a Border Collie type dog by the name of "Allie"...smartest damn dog ya ever saw, and a real credit to her species. After the wife has had her dinner, she'll set her plate or bowl down on the floor, with the spoon/fork still on it, and "Allie" will calmly remove the eating utensil from the plate/bowl so as to better get at the scraps and sauce/gravy. And the whole family is convinced that "Allie" understands every word we say.

As for Rhertz's lil "snotblower", gettin snot blown into your family's faces or mouths could only mean that yall's faces are in close proximity to the pug's face, which means yall love on him and kiss his fuzzy head alot, and thats a good thing!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #54
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That is one funky dog that makes funny sounds thru its nose. I have never been around them enough to know how they are for a pet. I am sure you love your snot baby like we all love our dogs and cats. I got to tell you that crazy Kuvaz that Texasbelle has is a mean mother. Kind of like a Ridgeback they do not jack around when it comes to protecting the master one bit. I hope she can get a handle on that dog it is a very strong willed dog with a very big bite. Nothing personal Tbelle but I have read up on this breed and they are tuff puppies. Border Collies ranked number one in IQ and the shepherds companion are very gentile and have energy to burn. If I lived in the country I would want a dog like Rosie but not for a walk in a park.
I hear that male Pugs can be a bit aggressive, but our female Pug grew up around young children with no problem whatsoever. She is very intelligent and she knows dozens of human words. Very gentle unless of course you get her all riled up. Even then, she is somewhat reserved. Very strange and interesting breed. She really doesn't know how to bark all that well. She wouldn't protect me, but she does watch TV and tries to bark at any dog scenes. Pugs are one of the oldest breeds and the largest in the toy dog group, but still rather small. (0ur chunky pug weighs 17 lbs) She will eat anything which can be a problem, especially when she wants to check out how it turned out on the other end. Other than that, I think they rank high on the intelligence scale up there with border collies and poodles. I once read that dalmations were near the bottom.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #55
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Isaac

Yes it is a difficult dog to walk in the park, but very necessary in order to "socialize" the Kuvasz Rosie. She has to learn to be in social situations and not react in a negative manner to everyone, only those who are aggressive to her "pack". We did take her walking at Betty Virginia and had about an 8 y/o or 10 y/o child run up behind us and try to grab her tail. Well, they almost left without a hand. Thank goodness I keep her on a short leash, tight harness, and hang on to her close. On the same day another child at the park ran up to my young son and tried to grab him screaming, well she again tried to protect him. It wasn't pretty, she looked like Cujo! I handled her well and she didn't bite anyone though she wanted too. It's a very interesting breed of dog but you have to responsible with them. We had to sign a contract with the breeder that we would take her to obediance school, etc. It's going to be an interesting ride watching her grow up for the next year or so!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	221  

Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #56
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Anyone want to adopt this precious dog?

My name is Candy Cane. I am a beautiful light S/P Schnauzer girl. I have cropped ears, a docked tail, am about 10 years young and weigh 24 pounds.
I have a very sad story to tell, the only family I have ever known passed away about a month ago … no one else wanted me so I was taken to a shelter. A very foreign experience for me considering the pampered life I have lived for all of my 10 years.
MSRH was called and I now live in a foster home. Although I like my new foster family I really would love to have a forever family of my own to live happily ever after for the rest of my life.
I am healthy, leashed trained, house trained and even learned to use a doggie door, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I know the basic commands of sit and stay and will shake hands. I also enjoy riding in the car, but mostly I like being petted, chilling out and being close to my human.
I would love to be adopted into an all adult home and would really prefer to be an only child where I can get all of your love and attention. If you are that special person please ask for me when filling out the adoption application. I have lots of Schnauzer love, hugs and wet kisses to give to my forever person.
Love, Candy

Please go to the MSRH website at www.msrh.org ... complete and submit an adoption application ... An adoption counselor will then contact you about Candy ... Sherry ... MSRH Adoption Coordinator
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 AM   #57
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

I'd save em all if I could. Thank you, Isabella, for making the effort.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #58
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Isabella I think maybe some help is on the way

Will do some checking around and Tbelle is too.
Good luck.
Isaac
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #59
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Dress your pet contest planned today

I don't think the Pug would look very good in orange. Now if the color was pink, and the sponsor was Tropicana Twister Pink Lemonade, we'd win this for sure!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #60
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Adorable pets!

All of you guys have the cutest dogs!! I'm partial to them myself. I have 4! I sure hope Candy can find a new home!
Also back to the question...are your pets like your children?
Answer: Pets mind a whole lot better!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote