Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Should SBLive! add a "reprimand system"?
Yes 1 12.50%
No 6 75.00%
I don't know 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Should SBLive! add a "reprimand system"?

Should SBLive! add a "reprimand system" that could possibly lead to account suspension if enough violations occur? Comments please
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
No voting for Anime

He is not registered to vote.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Definitely not.

The abuse witnessed by all with the rep point system should be reason enough to not allow another easily abused system to "decide" if users should have their accounts suspended
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Definitely not.

The abuse witnessed by all with the rep point system should be reason enough to not allow another easily abused system to "decide" if users should have their accounts suspended
We voted the same I do not agree with many of your post but I do NOT think you should be kicked off the board ! I think we know which words should not be used and I have not see anyone get that far off track with profanity on this forum.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Definitely not.

I agree wholeheartedly with Brain. It would be abused in the same manner as the points system.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I think the tide is turning,, brain is getting the thumbs up and agreement.

Good to be king, even if only for a short while...
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I assume sbl_admin is referring to the VB infraction system that came out in one of the more recent versions of vbulletin. If that is the case, this system cannot be abused by members because it is an admin-control feature for moderating user behavior. I've never seen the feature in action, but I'd like to know more about it.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Just say no...

Even though feelings may be hurt sometimes we should all just suck it up and move on. I say no to reprimands!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
How about detention or a switchin"?
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
There is an anime site online where I get a lot of my anime. They also have a chat room on the site for anime discussions. The problem with this site is that a LOT of people avoid the chat room entirely because even a slight misstep in front of any admin will get you banned. They are seriously overzealous when it comes to member behavior.

I've also been to the forums on Shreveport Times. They have ZERO moderation of their members. There is one member who behaves quite like BrainSmashR in the religious forums (no offense Brain), but suprisingly worse. He ticked off a lot of members on a daily basis. I quit going because I was sick of him. If I had been the owner of that forum, I would've banned that particular member long ago.

There is a balance point under-moderation and over-moderation. SBL admin apparently tries to automate most of this, so that members shape the kind of community they want. That is a great idea, I think, but it seems some members just NEED to have their activity moderated in order to keep the peace around here.

The rep point system is more democratic in that we all play a part in giving each other power on the board to those we collectively feel deserve it, but it is possible to abuse this system. Another alternative is the infraction system that is controlled by the admin who decide who is misbehaving. The only other alternative is to have no moderation and pray everyone behaves themselves.

I don't know much about the infraction system, but I think the rep point system could still work if we all stick to the FAQs for it. I guess admin may need to help moderate rep comments a little.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo kramer
How about detention or a switchin"?
Pokie would be glad to dole out some switchins to all of the above....maybe Texasbelle and I could take on all you bad boys!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I think we do have a reprimand system in place. Violators will be spanked good by the upstanding ladies on this list! That's enough to keep me in place anyway.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Pocahontas]Pokie would be glad to dole out some switchins to all of the above....maybe Texasbelle and I could take on all you bad boys!QUOTE]

Oh yes Sign me Up...I am more than happy to help keep the boys in line!

Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #14
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Excuse me, but what sort of violations are you talking about? The rep point system is a way to let people know how others feel about their posts. I don't believe it really stopped any violations. There is only one member who had a problem getting negatives and took great offense. I personally think the Admin should be the one to keep up with the amount of violations of members privately and make the decision to suspend their account. The member should be warned before suspension.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #15
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Oh yes Sign me Up...I am more than happy to help keep the boys in line!

[/quote]

I just want to know if a new girl can help with switching?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote