Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Computers & Internet

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #16
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes Anime it appears the attitude adjustments must be working! Isaac is becoming quite a hit with the ladies!!
What about me?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #17
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
What about me?
Oh of course YOU too Anime! I thought you already knew that!!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #18
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Maybe, but I don't have enough ego to act that way.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #19
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Thanks Brain. The monitors will be in the same room. It will be at my office and the monitor will be in the window. I figure we can get it set up with the monitors together then move the slide show to the window. I hope it will not be too hard. Two of us will be doing it. One young and one old. Can you figure out which one I am? HA HA.
Shouldn't be any problem. Most video cards that have dual monitor support will have a standard monitor output, a digital output, and an S-Video output. Obviously Monitor1 will be in the standard plug in, so you have to make sure Monitor2 has a digital or S-Video input otherwise you'll have to start dealing with all kinds of adapters and such. S-Video input is pretty standard on your better quality TV's if you want a large display however those extra inputs on a regular monitor are going to be more expensive and harder to find.....hence the adapters....and keep in mind this IS only video, not video and sound.

However, your options are basically endless, keep in mind that quality and functionality are directly related to expense in computer world, but if you can dream it, chances are there's already multiple ways to do it.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Maybe, but I don't have enough ego to act that way.
It is real easy Anime talk to their brain and not to their curves. They would like you to talk to their curves and it is easy to slip off down that trail if you are new to the game. I treat the ladies with respect but at the same time I do not let them use cheap weapons like crying or blinking those eyes to put me on my heals stay on your toes Sir. They are all part of the YA YA Sisterhood. Ya,ya,ya
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #21
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Don't use s-video for anything other than movies, tv, etc. It's 480 lines of resolution (and interlaced on top of that) so you'll go crazy trying to use it as a computer display.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes Anime it appears the attitude adjustments must be working! Isaac is becoming quite a hit with the ladies!!
I am with Pokie. I think all the attitude adjustments are doing the boy some good! He just got his first kiss.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Don't use s-video for anything other than movies, tv, etc. It's 480 lines of resolution (and interlaced on top of that) so you'll go crazy trying to use it as a computer display.

Yes this is true to an extent, while the TV is great for videos and gaming, reading normal sized text is virtually impossible. However this is as much a result of a regular TV set not being able to compete with the resolution capabilities of a computer monitor as the method of input....
Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Right, even if you have a monitor with high enough resolution, s-video will only carry a 480i signal.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #25
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Thanks guys for your input. I really appreciate your help.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #26
MOJO

Rep Power: 0 MOJO will become famous soon enough MOJO will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb I do this in my classroom

I purchased a VGA splitter from Dell and run PowerPoints on my second monitor while I still have complete control of my normal desktop. Also, to extend the second monitor to the window you will need an additional VGA cable of whatever length you require. That should be the lowest cost/hassle solution.
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #27
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJO
I purchased a VGA splitter from Dell and run PowerPoints on my second monitor while I still have complete control of my normal desktop. Also, to extend the second monitor to the window you will need an additional VGA cable of whatever length you require. That should be the lowest cost/hassle solution.
So you are saying you have dual monitors with their own desktops without a video card designed for dual monitor support?

Please expound if this is the case.....I've never heard of such a thing.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
MOJO

Rep Power: 0 MOJO will become famous soon enough MOJO will become famous soon enough
duh

Windows XP supports multiple monitors and I have a single PC running my pair.

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../monitors.mspx
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #29
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Thanks again! You all have helped me tremendously! I will start on this next week. Will probably have to come back and ask some more questions, so stay tuned. Brain, you will be able to see the results. Let me know what you think. I am not sure how long it will take to get it all set up. Don't faint, but I am the one who does our website. Excuse me for bragging, I feel we have the best one. I have worked hard to make sure we are on the first page in the top search engines. Yahoo is giving me some problems since all the changes, but that is my next project. Google loves us. I welcome any suggestions.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #30
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJO
Windows XP supports multiple monitors and I have a single PC running my pair.

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../monitors.mspx
Hello, that computer clearly shows a video card with multiple video outputs while it seems you are saying you use ONLY a line splitter to have two separate desktops.