Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
What are some favorite Christmas or Holiday songs

What are some of y'alls favorite Christmas tunes?

I love The A Train "Holiday Love". I like Burl Ives "Holly Jolly Christmas", and I think my all time favorite is "Mary Did You Know". Several people have done this song and some are much better than others.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I like all Christmas music, especially the classics-Burl Ives, Perry Como, Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, etc. I like some of the new stuff too. I like Trans Siberian Orchestra-been to see them twice at the Century Tel. I like Manheim Steamroller. I like the song "Grown up Christmas" too, but not when a man does it. I also like "Baby It's Cold Outside". Let's see, that's about it. Sounds best while drinking Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I'm not really a fan of religious or holiday music, but this song (profanity removed by admin) really touches me.

Last edited by sbl_admin; 12-12-2007 at 05:06 PM.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I'm not really a fan of religious or holiday music, but this song really touches me.
hmmm, I thought for sure you were going to say it was this classic:

Last edited by sbl_admin; 12-13-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I'm not really a fan of religious or holiday music, but this song really touches me.
Yes, that's a good one. I'll let my kids here it and hopefully they can enlighten everyone at school.

Last edited by sbl_admin; 12-13-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Christmas music

Nothing makes me feel more like it is Christmas than hearing this one.
Pittsburgh_Symphony_Brass-The_Carol_Of_the_Bells_(Classical_Version).wav

Or this one.

223_nutcracker_dance_of_the_sugar_plum_fairy.wav

Merry Christmas all
Name:  mooning snowman.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  5.3 KB
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I like all Christmas music, especially the classics-Burl Ives, Perry Como, Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, etc. I like some of the new stuff too. I like Trans Siberian Orchestra-been to see them twice at the Century Tel. I like Manheim Steamroller. I like the song "Grown up Christmas" too, but not when a man does it. I also like "Baby It's Cold Outside". Let's see, that's about it. Sounds best while drinking Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog.
Morph, you obviously have not heard Michael Buble do "Grown Up Christmas List". He does it the best!!!

My favorites are "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, "Mary Did you Know?" by Clay Aiken, "There's a New Kid In Town" by Tricia Yearwood, and I just love "Silent Night", and oh "Last Christmas" Wham!.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well you just named all of my favoritie artists! I've been listening to sirius satellite's romantic Christmas songs. It is all of those guys plus some Carpenter's thrown in for good measure! Merry Christmas Darling is a newer classic! Those earlier songs take me way back to carefree days of being a kid and not being able to sleep on Christmas Eve. I would lie there so afraid that Santa was going to catch me awake! Nostalgia at it's best!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I like Manheim Steamroller.
Well be sure to enter the Christmas decoration contest cause all five runners-up win a Manheim Steamroller CD collection. I haven't entered my photo yet, but I'm working on it....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Morph, you obviously have not heard Michael Buble do "Grown Up Christmas List". He does it the best!!!

My favorites are "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, "Mary Did you Know?" by Clay Aiken, "There's a New Kid In Town" by Tricia Yearwood, and I just love "Silent Night", and oh "Last Christmas" Wham!.
That's exactly the Grown up Christmas I was referring to. I think it sounds gay. I like Michael Buble, but I get a weird vibe when he does that particular song. BTW, your list includes notable homos Clay Aiken and Wham.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #11
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Well you just named all of my favoritie artists! I've been listening to sirius satellite's romantic Christmas songs. It is all of those guys plus some Carpenter's thrown in for good measure! Merry Christmas Darling is a newer classic! Those earlier songs take me way back to carefree days of being a kid and not being able to sleep on Christmas Eve. I would lie there so afraid that Santa was going to catch me awake! Nostalgia at it's best!
Damn, I forgot the Carpenters. Karen Capenter is THE smoothest ever. Good call pokie.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Well be sure to enter the Christmas decoration contest cause all five runners-up win a Manheim Steamroller CD collection. I haven't entered my photo yet, but I'm working on it....
What's the deadline?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #13
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Ah hell, they're all good. Silent Night is hard to beat for me - it's got a backstory and a beat and it is easy to dance to. Vinnie and Gail rated it a 5:

But to wrap it all all up gimme a good pompous banging it out "Adeste Fideles"

Last edited by j.nc; 12-12-2007 at 11:14 PM.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #14
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Any one out there with kids are missing a good one if you don't have "Emmet Otters JUG BAND Christmas". There are no Christmas songs on here, but the spirit of Christmas is the theme and the songs are wonderfull.

I grew up with it when HBO first came out. That's when they showed stuff worth watching. Now we have it on DVD and my kids like it like I still do.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 AM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
Any one out there with kids are missing a good one if you don't have "Emmet Otters JUG BAND Christmas". There are no Christmas songs on here, but the spirit of Christmas is the theme and the songs are wonderfull.

I grew up with it when HBO first came out. That's when they showed stuff worth watching. Now we have it on DVD and my kids like it like I still do.
LOL I remember ol' Emmet Otters Jug band christmas.. that was pretty good.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote