Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #46
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
You said post pros or cons, if you don't accept the cons, get the **** out.

I'm here. But now I'm leaving. Kbye

Well that's the point isn't it, Santabot.

How often do the words of a christian actually reflect their actions?

Jesus and his father are both omnipotent, yet couldn't prevent his own execution. Isaac asks for pros and cons yet immediately ridicules anyone posting a con.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #47
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Well spoken Sassy1 I am waiting for the call for a recount oh it was a trick question and that is not fair
No one said it was a trick question. Your intention to divide the non Christian vote hasn't "tricked" anyone.

We're merely waiting to see what conclusion you've drawn to see how you will manipulate the data.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #48
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 219 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Well that's the point isn't it, Santabot.

How often do the words of a christian actually reflect their actions?

Jesus and his father are both omnipotent, yet couldn't prevent his own execution. Isaac asks for pros and cons yet immediately ridicules anyone posting a con.
He choose not to prevent his execution....read your bible.

Christians words and actions often reflection each other. You just choose not to see it and you choose to expect that they should be perfect.
__________________
One shoe can change your life! Cinderella
Texasbelle is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #49
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
He choose not to prevent his execution....read your bible.

Christians words and actions often reflection each other. You just choose not to see it and you choose to expect that they should be perfect.
I've read the Bible.

Seems to me a man that can walk on water and heal the sick could come up with a better way of saving the world than by allowing himself to be crucified. And don't even get me started on God...the being who created the Universe with the snap of a finger chose the only salvation of man to be through the extreme and brutal suffering of his only child?
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #50
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 271 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I've read the Bible.

Seems to me a man that can walk on water and heal the sick could come up with a better way of saving the world than by allowing himself to be crucified. And don't even get me started on God...the being who created the Universe with the snap of a finger chose the only salvation of man to be through the extreme and brutal suffering of his only child?
Brain it is OK not to believe in God or anything else. It is not OK to lampoon Christ Will you give a answer to the question that has been ask many times of you ??? Do you think that your Christian family is scum as you have called all other Christians ??? You say you would like to MAKE Christians admit they are wrong ! Do you think you have made any head way with that on this board ? The fact is you are doing just the opposite which is make people read their Bible and stick to their guns.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #51
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 248 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Jesus and his father are both omnipotent, yet couldn't prevent his own execution.
Brainsmasher, you assume too much in your statement "yet couldn't prevent his own execution". Of course he could. But that was not God's plan now was it? God's plan was something that satan did not expect. Satan assumed too much, and lost a great deal when God gave his only son for us, to establish a new covenant with man. What you see as an execution, others see as a victory in the most important battle in human history. Read the book, satan lost that day. big time.
rhertz is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #52
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Brain it is OK not to believe in God or anything else. It is not OK to lampoon Christ Will you give a answer to the question that has been ask many times of you ??? Do you think that your Christian family is scum as you have called all other Christians ??? You say you would like to MAKE Christians admit they are wrong ! Do you think you have made any head way with that on this board ? The fact is you are doing just the opposite which is make people read their Bible and stick to their guns.
1. It's perfectly alright to say anything I want as long as it's not a threat of harm against another individual. It's call the First Amendment.

2. I already answered the question and had a brief discussion on the subject with either TBelle or Pocahontas...I forget which now. Either go back and look yourself or start paying attention on the first go around.

3. 4 votes non-christian votes....that's about 23.5% of the participants...considerably higher than the national average. You tell me if I've made any headway.

4. Reading the Bible is all it takes for most sane individuals to realize it's a work of fiction. We have similar goals whether you believe it or not.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #53
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Brainsmasher, you assume too much in your statement "yet couldn't prevent his own execution". Of course he could. But that was not God's plan now was it? God's plan was something that satan did not expect. Satan assumed too much, and lost a great deal when God gave his only son for us, to establish a new covenant with man. What you see as an execution, others see as a victory in the most important battle in human history. Read the book, satan lost that day. big time.

You're god is omnipotent and the devil is powerless to stop him, why not just snap his fingers like he did when creating the universe instead of having his only son executed in quite possibly the most notoriously evil way of being put to death ever conceived by man?
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #54
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know your quote could also apply to yourself as well. If you don't like all of the pros for Chrisitanity and all the positive folks on this board, why don't you get out and take YOUR POTTY MOUTH WITH YOU.
I'm still here after all of the bull**** I have to deal with from all of you guys, aren't I? Same with Brain. We can deal, you can't, you will actually use ignore or just not read my posts because you can't handle anyone in opposition to yourself. There is no "right" way to conduct things, get over not being the center of the world, you all have as much "wrong" with you as you believe I do.
__________________
"Those who are willing to sacrifice freedoms for security desire neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Santabot is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #55
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Brainsmasher, you assume too much in your statement "yet couldn't prevent his own execution". Of course he could. But that was not God's plan now was it? God's plan was something that satan did not expect. Satan assumed too much, and lost a great deal when God gave his only son for us, to establish a new covenant with man. What you see as an execution, others see as a victory in the most important battle in human history. Read the book, satan lost that day. big time.
"God's plan" rewards abortions, murderers, drunk drivers, suicides, thieves, liars, terrorists, and anyone else who makes a decision.. but the decision is already made out for everyone, isn't it? In "God's plan". Do you people even think these irrational thoughts out before taking them to heart?
__________________
"Those who are willing to sacrifice freedoms for security desire neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Santabot is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #56
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 271 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
1. It's perfectly alright to say anything I want as long as it's not a threat of harm against another individual. It's call the First Amendment.

2. I already answered the question and had a brief discussion on the subject with either TBelle or Pocahontas...I forget which now. Either go back and look yourself or start paying attention on the first go around.

3. 4 votes non-Christian votes....that's about 23.5% of the participants...considerably higher than the national average. You tell me if I've made any headway.

4. Reading the Bible is all it takes for most sane individuals to realize it's a work of fiction. We have similar goals whether you believe it or not.
It is your right to post what you think brain.
You have never in any post come out and said what you think of your Christian family ???
You have made no head way and you know it. The people that voted as they did you had nothing to do with now that is most laughable
As far as the Bible Sir it is your choice to not agree as most of this world does. I choose to believe because I have spent many years trying as you to disprove it and in the process I have come to totally believe in it. There is still time so pick up the tools and try to spend some time disproving it instead of attacking it that is all. Brain that is my opinion and you are most welcome to yours Sir.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #57
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It is your right to post what you think brain.
You have never in any post come out and said what you think of your Christian family ???
You have made no head way and you know it. The people that voted as they did you had nothing to do with now that is most laughable
As far as the Bible Sir it is your choice to not agree as most of this world does. I choose to believe because I have spent many years trying as you to disprove it and in the process I have come to totally believe in it. There is still time so pick up the tools and try to spend some time disproving it instead of attacking it that is all. Brain that is my opinion and you are most welcome to yours Sir.
Isaac
Then why don't you read my peaceful address to the board like I posted a week+ ago? If you had, you would know my intentions for coming here, I'm also not out for trouble, but when somebody threatens me with opposing views (just like you get threatened when I say something you disagree with) I stand up for it, so do you and others, but sometimes you just try to get mediation in it instead of fighting your own battles. The bible can't protect you all of the time, do some of your own thinking.

Sorry for replying after a quote not addressed to myself.
__________________
"Those who are willing to sacrifice freedoms for security desire neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Santabot is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #58
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 248 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
You're god is omnipotent and the devil is powerless to stop him, why not just snap his fingers like he did when creating the universe instead of having his only son executed in quite possibly the most notoriously evil way of being put to death ever conceived by man?
Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.

I think we all want to break laws and defy the authorities at some point in our lives. (usually our younger years) I used to race cars and motorcycles and it felt good breaking laws and in essence giving the fingers to cops for writing me tickets in the past. So I can relate. God doen't keep me from learning my lessions the hard way, even through that is not his preferred method for me.
rhertz is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #59
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.

I think we all want to break laws and defy the authorities at some point in our lives. (usually our younger years) I used to race cars and motorcycles and it felt good breaking laws and in essence giving the fingers to cops for writing me tickets in the past. So I can relate. God doen't keep me from learning my lessions the hard way, even through that is not his preferred method for me.
equals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I pulled all of this out of my ass
__________________
"Those who are willing to sacrifice freedoms for security desire neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Santabot is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #60
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It is your right to post what you think brain.
You have never in any post come out and said what you think of your Christian family ???
Not only did I come right out and say how I felt, I clarified the statement, hence the "brief conversation". Sorry , I don't even remember the topic that was under or I'd look for you by this point since you obviously refuse to look for yourself.
Quote:
You have made no head way and you know it. The people that voted as they did you had nothing to do with now that is most laughable
Actually Anime would have probably voted the same, but would never have come out and expressed his non christian views had I not asked him directly. I'll take a confession over turning the other cheek in order to avoid a conflict as a victory if I so choose, just like if he chose to attend church and just listen, you and every other christian would consider that a victory.
Quote:
As far as the Bible Sir it is your choice to not agree as most of this world does.
As I've stated before. Only 1/3 of the world is christian, then people like you start eliminating Mormons, snake handlers (Pentecostals), Amish and the Quakers, then that number gets smaller and smaller. Considerbly less than "most of this world", genius.
Quote:
I choose to believe because I have spent many years trying as you to disprove it and in the process I have come to totally believe in it. There is still time so pick up the tools and try to spend some time disproving it instead of attacking it that is all. Brain that is my opinion and you are most welcome to yours Sir.
Isaac
I agree completely, the difference between you and I is that "god made it that way" without tangible evidence OF a god simply isn't sufficient enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm not trying to "disprove" the existence of your god anymore than you try to disprove the existence of Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.....it's a given
BrainSmashR is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com