Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
8-foot alligator caught on Champion Lake

David Wilson stood next to his boat and admired the 200-pound, 8-foot, 3-inch long female alligator in the bottom of the boat.
"Females don't grow as big as males, so this one is comparable to a 12-footer; her roundness is what's so amazing," said Wilson, one of two state-licensed nuisance alligator hunters in northwest Louisiana called by Wildlife and Fisheries for just such a problem. "Her girth was 38 inches."
Wilson caught the alligator Wednesday in Champion Lake in east Shreveport. He was looking for a 10-footer. "I still have 13 hooks out there trying to catch him," said Wilson, who couldn't begin to guess how many others might be out there. "But it's a whole lot more than one."
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...30/1060/NEWS01
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gator.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	847
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I have been fishing in that lake many times. As kids we would swim in that lake and walk the banks. I did not think it had any gators in it but boy was I wrong.
Click image for larger version

Name:	alligator-at-door.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	848
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote