Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Board Games

This thread may go nowhere but I was just curious does anyone play boardgames? I've been accused of being nerdy over this so just wondering if anyone else enjoys them?!
I like Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit and Cranium but of course they must be played with a fun group and a little alcohol helps make it entertaining as well.
I like RIFF and Scene It on DVD.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I like cranium and scene it too. I also like trivial pursuit and monopoly, but no one will play those with me anymore. We used to do a family game night every Tuesday, but we stopped. I think I'll start it up again.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I like Monopoly, but I never seem to win at it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Any chess players besides me and LateNight?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I've hooked a Fool's Mate once or twice.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I do not play board games but if and when I do Chess is a great game. Be a thinker not a stinker
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I would rather play card games like Rook, Gin Rummy and Solitaire.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
My dad taught me to play Chess when I was younger, but I haven't played in years! I'm not as patient as I used to be. Mr. P asks me all the time to please just sit down for a minute!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

In recent years, I've gotten into Yu-Gi-Oh! It's a popular card game from Japan, not unlike Magic: The Gathering.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a strategy game involving monsters and spell cards that you can use to attack your opponent and decrease his life points. Whoever loses all of their points loses the game. It's actually a lot of fun.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
Having small kids, playing games with friends is one way to change things up a bit without having to pay a babysitter. I am like Pokie. I like games that need to be played in a group.
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

I also play Pokeno with my friends once a month. We each host at our houses and provide lunch and cash prizes. It is alot like Bingo with everyone taking turns turning cards over one at a time and calling them out one by one til you fill a row horizontally or vertically. It's fun and a good time to catch up on the latest with everyone.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I like chess, checkers, and backgammon. But I haven't played in years. LOL, anyone remember the old Chinese Checkers boards in the 70's? Those were pretty weird. I'm not sure we ever played the right rules. I'm sure they still sell them, but it is from back in the 70's that I remember getting them as birthday presents....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Do y'all remember the labyrinth that was impossible to win!? You had to rotate that board around with those little knobs and try not to let the marble drop in the holes! No way!

Name:  labr.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  45.9 KB

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Do y'all remember the labyrinth that was impossible to win!? You had to rotate that board around with those little knobs and try not to let the marble drop in the holes! No way!
My brother and neighbor across the street had those. My brother completed it a few times. I never could do it.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I played a lot of chess in college. We used to sometimes play until 5 am.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote