Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #31
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Yeah those were old classics... Played them both many times.

This isn't a board game, but I used to love the Mattel Thing Makers... There were several themes. The one below as called "Creepy Crawlers" which was my favorite... You would squirt "goo" into a mold and bake it and presto, a rubbery thing is born!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
It's amazing what toys we were allowed to play with back then!
LMAO - oh yes! My Mom still has the old set back home. They'd NEVER sell something like that now because of the liabilities of burns etc. I remember my Erector Set - an old one even for the day-had a open top transformer with exposed coils... maybe it had lost the lid but still...

Are people just stupider now to get hurt or was it just accepted more back then that you had to take resonable care or else accept it was your own stupid fault to get hurt -accept your own responsibility.

What was the first "toy" to set it all off? Lawn Darts? Now that, no matter how well managed is an invitation to disaster. Hadfulls of spikey winged weighted arrows flung up in the air by young uncoordinated fists in a yard full of softheaded tykes
yes, we got them for xmas one year too.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #32
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I see many Morph family favorites. We still own operation, sorry, and stratego. I never had the patience for risk. I never had mousetrap, but I always wanted one.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #33
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I see many Morph family favorites. We still own operation, sorry, and stratego. I never had the patience for risk. I never had mousetrap, but I always wanted one.
Yeah, as I said, Risk is one "saga of a game", and requires alot of free time, plenty of "Black Label", "Milwaukee's Best", "Meister Brau" or other cheap brew that teenagers can afford, along with a supply of your dad's cigars. Back in the 80's when my brother and I were in highschool, we'd sometimes skip class and get together with a bunch of other hooligans at our home's garage that had been converted into a game room. We had a huge table back there, a fridge stocked with the cheapass beer we drank and plenty of my dad's stogies, and we'd be back there playin Risk startin around 11:00 am., playin well into the afternoon. Ah yes, those were the days!

Damn...all this reminiscin's got me missin my brother.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-06-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote