Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Dixie Chick Urges Donations to Defense Fund for Convicted Murderers

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314605,00.html
Quote:
The Dixie Chicks have a new controversy on their hands. Lead singer Natalie Maines is urging people to contribute money to a defense fund for three Arkansas men that were convicted of killing three children in 1993.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0_61_maines_natalie_06.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1916
Oh, she's at it again. I guess they still believe any press is good press.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The chicks need to shut their pie hole and fade away with out anymore disgrace to their name. NOT ! Fools should have taken the money and gone to the house but oh no they think because they can sing a few songs that their politics trump's the day ! NEXT Please !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Good, I want murderers to have the best defense possible. Especially if they're guilty.

But if they're not guilty, and you believe that they're not guilty, wouldn't doing something to help be a good thing?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Overturning convictions is more common these days, thanks to more sophisticated forensics. There are obviously now dozens of stories about murder convictions that have been overturned thanks to DNA testing
What, they can't afford DNA testing to get them off? That might cost a few thousand dollars. However drumming up millions for top lawyers like OJ did to try to debunk clear forensics is another matter.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I loved their music, but I'm with Isaac. They might as well fade away now, because not even the radio stations will play their music. They haven't had a concert in so long because no one will buy their tickets. Jeez! I'm surprised they don't execute those murderers today just because one of the Chicks supports them.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>What, they can't afford DNA testing to get them off? That might cost a few thousand dollars. However drumming up millions for top lawyers like OJ did to try to debunk clear forensics is another matter.

I know almost nothing of the specifics of this case. Is it the type of case where "DNA testing" will "get them off?" Most murders aren't.

What "clear forensics" are they trying to debunk? I am not aware whether or not they were convicted based on any forensic evidence. Again, most cases aren't.

Also, is "debunk" the right word? Debunking is a good thing, it eliminates falsehoods.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
They might as well fade away now, because not even the radio stations will play their music. They haven't had a concert in so long because no one will buy their tickets.
Aren't they as popular as ever? I don't like modern pop music, but I thought they won a ton of Grammys last year and sold millions of albums.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
They sure do not need big hands to cover up
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emily Robison.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1924
The market will dictate what it will BEAR ! I wonder how they feel about their foolish comments now
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I know almost nothing of the specifics of this case. Is it the type of case where "DNA testing" will "get them off?" Most murders aren't.
I don't know the specifics either. I would expand "DNA Testing" to include all modern forensics testing. I just don't think it is very easy to fool the "Dr. Baden's" of this world like maybe it once was a decade or two ago.

Quote:
What "clear forensics" are they trying to debunk? I am not aware whether or not they were convicted based on any forensic evidence. Again, most cases aren't.
I would think that most cases have supporting forensic evidence, even if the case was not purely "based on" it.

Quote:
Also, is "debunk" the right word? Debunking is a good thing, it eliminates falsehoods.
Probably not a good word... "twist" might be a better choice, again thinking back on the lawyers in the OJ case....
Old 12-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Their first couple of cds were good with quite a few catchy songs.
They did indeed win several Grammys last time but they were virtually snubbed or shut out by their own genre of music which is country. I think that is due to the fact that the Grammys are a more liberal voting group whereas the Country folks are more conservative.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
West Memphis Three

Google" West Memphis three and you will find tons to read about this case. There is little forensic evidence here. Some fiber evidence that points to the convicted but experts agree it is not conclusive evidence. The victims were left naked and in water and bound with their own shoe laces.
Two of the three suspects confessed.
The question seems to be raised because a hair of the stepfather of one of the victims was found in the knot of the shoe lace he was bound with and and the victims mother says her now ex-husband is violent.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
Two of the three suspects confessed.
The question seems to be raised because a hair of the stepfather of one of the victims was found in the knot of the shoe lace he was bound with and and the victims mother says her now ex-husband is violent.
Confession is pretty strong evidence. I know my comb and my socks and probably my shoelaces have pug hair, wife hair, and all sorts of crap stuck in them. Assuming the stepfather lived in the same house, isn't that pretty normal?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Every time I use the blow dryer I leave quite a bunch of hair behind on the floor so there's no doubt it ends up in mine and Mr. P's shoes and clothing.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #14
howela
Advanced Member

Retrial in the press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Confession is pretty strong evidence. I know my comb and my socks and probably my shoelaces have pug hair, wife hair, and all sorts of crap stuck in them. Assuming the stepfather lived in the same house, isn't that pretty normal?
I thought it was normal and logic tells me that the police thought it was normal because they had this hair at the time of the crime but only now it seems to have become an issue because the step-father and mother of one of the victims have divorced. The hair was not on their child but one of the others. However the stepdad said the children all played at each others home on a regular basis.