Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #91
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Does anyone remember " Ma and Pa Kettle " That was hillarious! The old couple who won the "modern house" from the back of a tobacco pouch! Anyone?! It used to come on right after " Francis the talking Mule"

Yep - good one vix - they were movies and had seven or eight in the series -the one you mention is the 1st. That one is the classic. that one and a few others came out as a cheap DVD too. But they had a lot of rotation on TV in the 60s/70s. Fancis the talking Mule was a movie series too. Neither made for TV.

Which reminds me, one of the local channels in the late 60s/early 70s hosted an "afternoon theatre" and would show some old movie. The movies you mention were typical of something they'd show -the theme music for a while was something like (warning typical crappy midi if you follow link) "Holiday for Strings" (don't say I didn't warn you"). A host (a local TV guy I think because the whole thing was a local presentation) would come on and intro the movie and then during one of the commercial breaks come back on and have some kind of contest. I'll think of the name of the show - as far as the channel it was on - there were only three so take your pick.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #92
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone watch China Beach (late 80s) or Northern Exposure (early 90s)?

I loved them both!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3055.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1804

Click image for larger version

Name:	northernexposure.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1808

Jennifer Aniston