Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 AM   #61
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
The day of the Saints in here

Time to get the pig in the ground and the beer on ice ! Less than twelve hours and the party is on. Best of luck to the New Orleans Saints. They are
over due for this one.
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #62
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thought this was good for a laugh..
Free TVs for some if Saints win Super Bowl

Quote:
JACKSON, Miss. (Jan. 19, 2007) -- It seemed the safest gamble a businessman could make.

The owners of Cowboy Maloney's Electric City chain in Mississippi offered anyone who bought a high-end flat-screen TV during Saints training camp their money back if the Saints won the Super Bowl.

"At that time we obviously didn't anticipate -- and anybody who saw the Saints working out at Millsaps (College) would not have anticipated -- that that statement would cause you any grief at all," said Con Maloney, who owns the chain of 12 electronics and appliance stores with his brothers, Eddie and Johnny. "We just kind of laughed it off."

Now, the Maloney brothers are preparing to pay back about $1 million to more than 800 customers. That money will come from insurance and manufacturers who have agreed to pick up a portion of the costs.
Come on Saints, make 'em pay for those TVs !!!!

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #63
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Unhappy Everything that has a beginning has ..............

Well now late in the forth and things look bad real bad. My hat is off to the entire team and all you fans that have held the line over the years. I have not had my drink yet but it is 5:00 and the way things look might be a good time for one. There is always next year I thought this might be the year but a soggy field and snow and the zebras sucked big time. Well off to dinner and relax for the evening hey there late night be proud of your team they gave you something my dadddy's Saints could not.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #64
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yea, agreed there Isaac. Tough game, can't win a game with that many turnovers.. I'm in shock.. time to get numb.

There's always next year...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #65
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My condolences to you Latenight. I know how much you wanted the Saints to win. There are no words....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #66
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
My condolences to you Latenight. I know how much you wanted the Saints to win. There are no words....
Yea it's tough.. tryin' to look at the bright side if at all possible. Saints were NEVER expected to do as well as they did this year. A new coach, a new QB, several new rookies and whole bunch of other new players this year.

They pulled it all together and had a hell of a run.

THERE'S ALWAYS FREAKIN' NEXT YEAR !!!! UGHHHHHH

and one last time.....
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #67
HeadlyLemar

Rep Power: 0 HeadlyLemar is on a distinguished road HeadlyLemar is on a distinguished road
the loss bites.....

BUT, can you imagine what this team is going to be like with another full offense to upgrade (that overacheiving defense)?

With likely departures of Joe Horn, Charles Grant, (Fred Thomas)?

Upgrades at FS (Roman Harper was a steal and should be the stud at SS for years) and everywhere else on that defense.

Brian Young needs to be replaced badly and more team speed at every position is needed. I have no delusions that Fincher will break an NFL starting lineup, Fujita is the man, but Shanle and Simoneau need help. I am not sold on the efficiency of Thomas or McKenzie, either - but replacing Bullocks (and getting a pass rush) would go a long way in making them look better
HeadlyLemar is offline   Reply With Quote