Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 05:16 AM   #31
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Although the others may shift from the point to talking about your pole-ness, I will attempt to stick to some basic facts. Here are reasons why the evidence supporting a supreme being is not weak. Maybe it is not proof-perfect, but it is certainly not weak.

1) The Majority of people on earth believe in the God of Abraham in the old testament. 3 major religions are rooted in this belief.
2) There are things on earth that still cannot be explained by modern science such as some of the Seven Wonders of the Earth. (i.e. Great Pyramid)
3) No record of creation of life in the lab. Not one single amoeba.
4) Brainsmasher didn't believe in God and he was always wrong

5) joepole thinks God is a jerk
6) God has a sense of humor ie joepole
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #32
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
We can no more convince Joepole that there is a God than Joe can convince us there's not one. Good try though Isaac and rhertz!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #33
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I appreciate your posting actual points instead of nothingness followed by 11 emoticons.

1) The Majority of people on earth believe in the God of Abraham in the old testament. 3 major religions are rooted in this belief.

Even if that is true it's meaningless. Popular says nothing about correct.

2) There are things on earth that still cannot be explained by modern science such as some of the Seven Wonders of the Earth. (i.e. Great Pyramid)

I'm pretty sure the Great Pyramid can be explained by modern science: It's made of stone. Does the Bible explain something about it that I'm not aware of?

The field of organic chemistry isn't even 200 years old. I don't find the fact that life hasn't been created to be proof of anything. Prior to Wohler people used to think all organic chemicals were divinely created for the same reason. They were obviously wrong.

This one actually worries me. That guy was willfully retarded.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #34
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the Bible does explain ALOT more about the pyramid! I have heard discussions on it from scholars that make sense. One would really have to be in tune at a very in depth level to understand it all. My humble self cannot explain it all but if you are truly interested I'm betting Isaac can explain away.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #35
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I appreciate your posting actual points instead of nothingness followed by 11 emoticons.

I'm pretty sure the Great Pyramid can be explained by modern science: It's made of stone. Does the Bible explain something about it that I'm not aware of?

The field of organic chemistry isn't even 200 years old. I don't find the fact that life hasn't been created to be proof of anything. Prior to Wohler people used to think all organic chemicals were divinely created for the same reason. They were obviously wrong.

Where to start? The fact that you need "proof" says alot. I bet your a "global warming" nut though, arent you? Prove that...
Most of the population does,in fact, believe in GOD. Not because its popular, but from their own personal experiences witch lead to FAITH.
Of course, there are many things that we cannot explain or fully understand, such as the pyramids. Although, many people(namely the Egyptians) would have you believe that they built them. I do not. There are many theories about construction, but what about the erosion we see? Many geologists now think it is WATER erosion, not wind erosion-this is from looking at underwater structures around the world which are still submersed. I wonder how the pyramids could have been under water? hmmm....
Since the advent of computers, we have been able to see things in a different way. Much like the Nazca lines, which were not known about until someone flew a plane over them in the 1920's. If you look at a globe, and mark off sites like the pyramids, easter island, angkor wat, you will see that these sites are ALL a sertain distance apart from each other around the globe(something like 33 degrees) AND that they match up to the constellations at a very distant time period that would be about 10,500 B.C. We know this because the computer can reverse the procession of the stars. Thats some SERIOUS astrology for some egyptians who did'nt even have a wheel yet! The point is- Is all this a coincidence? Popular opinion? I don't need proof.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #36
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go Vixweb!!!! Great post!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #37
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
> The Majority of people on earth believe in the God of Abraham in the old testament. 3 major religions are rooted in this belief.

Yeah I once had this argument with ole Brain, but I didn't care to debate him. Rather I feel I can carry on a normal conversation with you.

Popularity does mean a lot. Lets say that 10 people report a so called miracle verses 100 people, or 1000 people, or 10,000 people. The same rules apply as trying to prove the existence of alien UFO's. Given any single event, the number of believers in that event is important for credible witness and testimony. Maybe the event is a UFO, or maybe someone walking on water or multiplying fish.

In addition to this eye-witness testimony, many believers go so far as to provide "spiritual testimony" which could be seen as jibberish or devine inspiration. Some things are really hard to explain 100% like gravity, even though it is ever present. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't admit to believing in gravity if I was the only one who would admit it. yeah right there is this strange mystical force that invisibly draws you to other matter. If most scientists believe that as the most popular theory, then me too..

Quote:
> There are things on earth that still cannot be explained by modern science such as some of the Seven Wonders of the Earth. (i.e. Great Pyramid)

There are many mysteries surrounding the Giza Pyramid ranging from how it was built with such precision to why it was built, and even how long it took to build it. Cutting straight to the point, I believe the pyramid was a prophetic creation and leave it at that.

Quote:
> No record of creation of life in the lab. Not one single amoeba.

Well until life is created by man, then God has the exclusive on that technology. If it ever happens, then strike this one from my list.

Quote:
>Brainsmasher didn't believe in God and he was always wrong

Actually he was smart in an Internet sense in that his agenda was search engine optimization for his website. I learned that it sometimes pays to make no sense and carry on and on ad nausem...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #38
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Way to go Vixweb!!!! Great post!!!!

Seriously? It addressed no points and blathered on about nonsense crackpot theories.

>Where to start? The fact that you need "proof" says alot.

Indeed it does. The fact that you apparently don't say a lot, as well.

>I bet your a "global warming" nut though, arent you? Prove that...

You would lose that bet.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #39
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
>Way to go Vixweb!!!! Great post!!!!

Seriously? It addressed no points and blathered on about nonsense crackpot theories.

>Where to start? The fact that you need "proof" says alot.

Indeed it does. The fact that you apparently don't say a lot, as well.

>I bet your a "global warming" nut though, arent you? Prove that...

You would lose that bet.
Hey Pole I see your burning the midnight oil. There is no global warming and if all you believe is what you can taste,see or smell then have a good trip. The dirt nap comes to all. You will get your proof soon enough. Eternity is just that. I do not believe in a burning hell just if you fail you are "blotted out" and are no more.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #40
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
[quote=joepole]>Way to go Vixweb!!!! Great post!!!!

No points? I thought you were saying science could explain these things?
The positioning of the pyramids and other ancient sites relative to astrology is no theory. Are you saying it isn't true? Say what you mean- if you can.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #41
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
How 'bout this weather ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
How 'bout this weather ?
OK LN I hijacked this thread so do not mess with people that are blathering about NO REALLY ! There is a spiritual silver thread of truth out there and it is not for the many but more for the few. I understand a great deal of it but I too understand that others do not have it or will never get IT ! This life is about this very matter ! Yes "choice" and the ones we make now will have a lasting effect. The harvest nears and many eyes will be opened when the time is right. Enjoy the ride friends the big show is just around the corner This is great weather we are having
Old 08-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #43
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Kevin's right, we were off-topic. So I started a new thread on-topic that people can ignore of they really want to. I find the subject facinating but not everyone does....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #44
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
How 'bout this weather ?
It is sweltering!!!! Just ran up to check out the new Wally World in Shreve City! I thought I would pass out from the heat radiating off the black top!
It's got to be the hottest day of the year!!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 08-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #45
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
It is sweltering!!!! Just ran up to check out the new Wally World in Shreve City! I thought I would pass out from the heat radiating off the black top!
It's got to be the hottest day of the year!!
100 degrees with heat index of 108
Got to love this southern sunny weather