Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
But you did not vote Al ??? Your spelling sucks too !
Take it easy Isaac .. gettin' a little excited there.

It's HUMP DAY. so they say.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #32
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I agree with Isaac, voting should be expected if you want to actively participate in society or complain... Not much to set you apart from a convicted felon..... except he can complain without voting. If anyone here is a convicted felon I do not mean to offend.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #33
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Take it easy Isaac .. gettin' a little excited there.

Oh these are very exciting times in which we live. I have thick skin and I will never get mad while posting thoughts on a public forum. Sometimes I agree
with Al and other times I don't. I am sure Al is a nice enough guy but to attack my spelling and not stick with the subject at hand is a tactic that is used by people running for office. Thank you for your concern and hey Al nothing personal because I don't know who you are. Mr moderator I will stick to the subject too. I don't think Al comes on line until after I go to bed so we
have twelve hours to mull the comments :-)
Have a great hump day !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #34
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

I'm no moderator, and I don't play one on t.v. either :-)
Everybody just seemed to be getting just a bit excited is all.
No harm, no foul .

I just feel that there's a few scenarios that allow someone to COMPLAIN all they want, regardless if they "Voted" or not. Bottom line, you can vote, and still not get your way.. Between someone being a Veteran, or someone owning a business in shreveport, but not living in Shreveport.. I think both reasons give someone reason/excuse to complain. Personally I don't live in Shreveport. Sure the heck work there, sure the heck spend plenty of money in Shreveport. And think I have all the right in the world to complain about something if I don't like it. and I don't know Glover from Jones one bit.. I wish the Big Man Glover all the luck, and hope he can straighten out some things.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #35
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
As seen on tv

I know I have seen you on tv late night tv ! Anybody drink to that ???
Isaac
Old 11-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #36
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I know I have seen you on tv late night tv ! Anybody drink to that ???
Isaac
Ordinarily I'd say ABSOFREAKIN'LUTELY however, as you can see from my avatar picture.. my bar is located OUTSIDE.. and it's a bit cold and wet and windy on the outside

not that this has ever stopped me before so , yea, I'll drink to that.

LateNight
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #37
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Isaac:
Quote:
your spelling sucks too
About 99% of my misspellings are intentional/deliberate, smart guy...I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now!

Isaac:
Quote:
You may be a vet? I dont know that for sure but I would think if your a vet you would be the first one in line to vote? Not! I guess being a vet and older and wiser than everybody and a Christian and a Jew at the same time you have all the bases covered.
Thats right, Isaac, on the net we can be anything we want. And I'd be only too happy to prove my vet status to you if I cared enough to go to the trouble...but hey, LateNight can vouch for me unless you think I could get him to lie on my behalf. As for me being first in line to vote, I don't need a lecture from you or anyone else about civic duty. Being a vet means never having to say you're sorry where issues like this are concerned. Older and wiser? Wrong on both counts...you said that, not me...I never claimed to be either. And I think you sort of tipped your hand about your feelings for the Jews early on, Isaac...like I told you before, when it comes to folks like you I'm 100% Jewish, make no mistake.

Isaac:
Quote:
Apologize for what I said? NOT! Al dont get your feelings hurt as we all throw rocks from behind our avatar just pick them up and throw them back. Al did you ever serve in combat or did you ever serve in combat or did you sit behind a desk? Which branch did you serve in?
Again Isaac, thats you talking. I never asked for an apology...my feelings were not hurt so I did not expect either you or Isabella to offer one...which is fortunate since you had no intention of apologizing in the first place (thanks anyway, Isabella, for your apology, unnecessary though it was). Nor are any thanks necessary for my having served...it was merely one of the many hats I've worn in my resume and my reasons for enlisting had very little to do with patriotism. Just so you'll know, I was a U.S. Army radio operator, which is a "combat support" MOS, as opposed to a "combat" MOS. In Army parlance, I was what was called a "REMF", or "Rear Echelon Mother F*****. There were alot of us, Isaac...my particular mission was to support the combat troops in the areas of radio and teletype. But we were by no means safe...I was once told that soldiers in my occupational specialty had a life expectancy of something like 30 seconds after airing their first transmissions over the battlefields of Vietnam...and that was THEN. I personally never saw action as I was discharged right before Op Desert Storm. Not that any of this is relevant.

So...in retrospect, Isaac, I had no idea that my honest albeit politically incorrect admission (from behind my avatar, no less) would draw such derision from the likes of you and Isabella. But you're right Isaac, so in the future I'll likely keep such admissions to myself..if for no other reason than that there are other things I could be doing with my time besides mounting a vigorous defense of my actions/inactions in print.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-16-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #38
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
And I'd be only too happy to prove my vet status to you if I cared enough to go to the trouble...but hey, LateNight can vouch for me
I vouch, I vouch ! ol' Al joined the Army alright.. he did some other crazy things back in his day as well

LateNight
Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #39
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I'll vouch for Al. We fought together at Bull Run. I took a arrow in the leg, and ole Al was kind enough to pour some gun powder on my wound and ignited it to sterilize it. He saved my life! Which was a much better experience than when he cured me of my kidney stones a few years later.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #40
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
<chuckles>...Your levity is always appreciated, RHertz...keeps me from taking myself too seriously...thanks.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #41
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
<chuckles>...Your levity is always appreciated, RHertz...keeps me from taking myself too seriously...thanks.
Yeah now if I could just settle on the right avatar, then I might not be so schizo. Avatars are too much like fake hannah tattoos... I have always liked your avatar. Al is so "natural" and "down to earth" looking. Something I'm working my way towards slowly......
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 AM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Your levity is always appreciated

Hey Al ! I would like to thank you for working behind the lines in Vietnam. I know it was and still is a hell hole. The spelling issue well my point was to stick to the point and try to over look my spelling issue. We all have them at times. You dont have to defend yourself but you did. I would defend myself when I can and if I needed to. From your notes sounds like you have many friends on this fourm so I should walk softly :-} Late Night your colors are showing bright. Are you guys related ? Small world. Many different hats and there are many different Avatars could there be more than one per person ???
Isaac
Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #43
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Wipped Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yeah now if I could just settle on the right avatar, then I might not be so schizo. Avatars are too much like fake hannah tattoos... I have always liked your avatar. Al is so "natural" and "down to earth" looking. Something I'm working my way towards slowly......
Rhertz your puppy looks tired :-{ I liked your old avatar but change is good and change you have will there be a new look in the future ?
Isaac
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #44
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
From your notes sounds like you have many friends on this fourm so I should walk softly :-} Late Night your colors are showing bright. Are you guys related ? Small world.
HA.. wouldn't worry about walkin' too softly Isaac. Yes I have known Al for many many years, there is no doubt. But believe you me, there are many times we don't agree on something.. and we'll argue our points until the cows come home, or until the whiskey runs dry, which ever comes first.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #45
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I will drink to that !

Good to hear latenight that you and Al get on so well I would hope that me and Al can do the same in the future. This forum is for fun and no hard feelings guys off to the next thread !
Isaac