Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I would also like to add:
1. Penn and Teller have an agenda, that is well known.
2. Climate change is real, but only in the sense that it changes regularly.
Since the Earths temperatures have fluxuated throughout history, why is this time any different? Do some research on that- Global warming is a farce....Wake up!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #17
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Climate cycles

I remember in the late 60's and early 70's when all the news was about the upcoming ice age.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #18
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
I remember in the late 60's and early 70's when all the news was about the upcoming ice age.
Those are the same people who NOW want you to think we're burning up- They can't even see their own hypocracy
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Yes, and Greenpeace wants the older, more dangerous style (single-hull) of ship to not be used. That doesn't make their use of oil-burning ships hypocritical in any way.
Greenpeace doesn't stop there. I once donated to Greenpeace a long time ago when I was a scuba diver, and my name is in the manifest of the rainbow warrior. But I have come to question much of the "green" agenda thanks to Al Gore, inventor of the Internet....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #20
Jvanv

Rep Power: 0 Jvanv has a spectacular aura about Jvanv has a spectacular aura about Jvanv has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Jvanv
Swing Voter

Well I'm one of those Swing Voters you were talking about.

Whether or not you believe that global warming is real or not I say it makes sense to switch to other forms of energy that WE can control as a matter of national security. I would prefer that those various other sources of energy be non-polluting forms of energy just because I HATE SMOG!

I support gun ownership but also believe that there should be stricter rules about who we allow to own guns.

I think we should re-deploy all the troops that are guarding the oil pipelines in Iraq to the Texas border and give them orders to shoot anything that moves.

I think government should operate within a BALANCED budget, I do.

I think that anyone who receives assistance from the government should be required to either earn it or pay it back, but I also understand that poor hungry people are a bigger threat to society than wealthy well-fed ones. Some social assistance programs are necessary to prevent revolution.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what my political persuasions are.
Jvanv is offline   Reply With Quote