Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > ARKLATEX Ghost Hunters

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: 509 Market Street (pt. 2)

Reader comments and feedback for the 509 Market Street (pt. 2) photo.
This image is part of the ARKLATEX Ghost Hunters photo gallery

Here is another picture I took at 509 Market street. Another orb can be seen in this shot.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
That's dust.
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
That's dust.
Possibly, but it's odd that I caught only one speck of dust and not many.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
It's dust on the lens or sensor, not in the air. Go take a picture of a bright blue sky and you'll see it again if it's still there.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
It's dust on the lens or sensor, not in the air. Go take a picture of a bright blue sky and you'll see it again if it's still there.
Those pictures are at least a year old, so I doubt that'll be a sure fire way of testing.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Sensor dust normally only shows up in photos shot with a small aperture, typically f/8 or smaller. When I shoot at f/1.8-f.7.1, sensor dust never shows. It's always there, however, because a simple curves adjustment in Photoshop helps me pinpoint it. Even if it's not visible to the naked eye I like to Photoshop out all dust. I've never had lens dust appear in a photo... ever.

AnimeSpirit, sorry I was so short and quick to dismiss, but it appeared to be dust to me at first sight. Perhaps had I been there and known a bit more about the scene I'd have been in a better position to say one way or another.
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote