Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Jesse

Rep Power: 0 Jesse will become famous soon enough Jesse will become famous soon enough
Single Ladies

There I was in the hardware store one Friday night picking up supplies for my weekend project, and I looked round wondering why I was surrounded by single guys. Then I realized: A guy is in a hardware store on a Friday night because . . .

-- he is not out on a date.

-- he likely has a house project, which implies he is stable enough to have a place.

-- he has time over the weekend to do the project because there is no woman in his life.

-- he is good with his hands because he didn't hire a repair person to do the job.

This man is a specific kind of guy who . . .

-- cares about the things in his life.

-- is good with his hands/handy.

-- is single.

The kind of guy who fits into the above categories is also the kind who wears his wedding ring. Plus, simply by looking at what the guy is holding, or which aisle he is in, the woman can figure out what his project is and make conversation accordingly.

It is important to note these guys might not clue in that this conversation is a social opportunity, so even after 15 minutes of talking, the woman may need to ask if he'd like to continue the conversation over a cup of coffee.

This expedition has the added benefit that the women don't have to dress to the nines; they can just throw on their favorite old jeans and a sweater.

--- JUST A GUY
Old 08-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
There I was in the hardware store one Friday night picking up supplies for my weekend project, and I looked round wondering why I was surrounded by single guys. Then I realized: A guy is in a hardware store on a Friday night because . . .

-- he is not out on a date.

-- he likely has a house project, which implies he is stable enough to have a place.

-- he has time over the weekend to do the project because there is no woman in his life.

-- he is good with his hands because he didn't hire a repair person to do the job.

This man is a specific kind of guy who . . .

-- cares about the things in his life.

-- is good with his hands/handy.

-- is single.

The kind of guy who fits into the above categories is also the kind who wears his wedding ring. Plus, simply by looking at what the guy is holding, or which aisle he is in, the woman can figure out what his project is and make conversation accordingly.

It is important to note these guys might not clue in that this conversation is a social opportunity, so even after 15 minutes of talking, the woman may need to ask if he'd like to continue the conversation over a cup of coffee.

This expedition has the added benefit that the women don't have to dress to the nines; they can just throw on their favorite old jeans and a sweater.

--- JUST A GUY
So is this working for you????
Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
So is this working for you????

Me and Mrs. Isaac got a chuckle out of that Tbelle.Great post !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
Jesse

Rep Power: 0 Jesse will become famous soon enough Jesse will become famous soon enough
Smile Thanks

Thanks so much for all the albums.

JC

Don't know if it works.
I was just having fun with a little writing.

Last edited by Jesse; 08-11-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Thanks so much for all the albums.
KT let me run thru the stack, and I am somewhat impressed.

JC

Don't know if it works.
I was just having fun with a little writing
If was funny and we enjoyed it. Glad you enjoyed the LPs. Please write more I will join in and do my best to crack you up
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Don't know if it works.
I was just having fun with a little writing
I enjoyed it... Sounds logical too.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Uh oh!!! My bad! Texasbelle needs to learn to read every word! Obviously not enough sleep this week. BUT as Isaac knows little Belle has surgery this week so I do have my excuses and they are justifiable.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Uh oh!!! My bad! Texasbelle needs to learn to read every word! Obviously not enough sleep this week. BUT as Isaac knows little Belle has surgery this week so I do have my excuses and they are justifiable.
There is always excuses because NONE of us are perfect. I enjoyed the laugh and maybe the next one will be on me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	foot_mouth.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1342
We start out with our foot in our mouth I could see where the tendency for that foot to drift back up on occasion. Many times the funniest moments of our life are when someone volunteers to do it for the crowd OK Ladies stop staring at the baby I know you would just love to hold that little pinkie
Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I hope little Belle is feeling better! And for what it is worth I thought the article was serious too and was thinking about telling one of my single friends to try the hardware store!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Little Belle is much better. His parents have even made it through. It was harder on us I believe. We did learn that Little Belle on Lortab= one hyperactive kid.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no!!! So the lortab only helped with the pain but didn't help anyone sleep!!
I'm glad he is okay!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

That would be correct. Most people come home and sleep off their anesthesia, right? Not little boy belle. We brought him home, gave him his pain medicine, and he was off and running! He spent part of the day poolside, chased the dogs around the yard, through the house like a tornado, talked ninety to nothing and on and on it went. He was only slowed down by some problems that we expected due to the nature of his surgery. Once we got through that after a couple of hours, it was back to greenlight racing. Thank goodness he only required one pain pill and no more!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
Jesse

belle,
hope your little one has settled down and feeling fine. I have often found that medications hype 'em up. When one of mine was younger and with allergies a tsp of benedryl kept him going strong for dang near 48 hrs. God Bless Parents!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
Jesse

Hey, Isaac......
Can you think back to 'bout 84? I first met you then. Still into the puppies?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:56 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Hey, Isaac......
Can you think back to 'bout 84? I first met you then. Still into the puppies?
Well I can think back then and many puppies have come and gone. Need some help here got old Isaac on the ropes PM me and give me a few more hints. I think I must know you or have known you in the past.