Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Prosthetic Leg Prompts Lock Down

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May...gScare,00.html

Quote:
BELLINGHAM, Wash. — The woman suspected foul play was afoot; she just had no idea what it was. Police barricaded streets near a branch of St. Joseph Hospital after that woman called to report a man with an assault rifle walking into a medical office building. The assault rifle turned out to be a prosthetic leg, Bellingham Police Deputy Chief David Doll said
Quote:
The scare brought a response from several agencies, including the Whatcom County Sheriff's Office, Western Washington University Police and Washington State Patrol. A U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopter patrolled the area to check the building's roof

This is charge of the light brigade. How funny.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Now I've heard of killer legs but that's ridiculous!!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'd imagine that if it were a real gun, the turn-out would have been much smaller.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Another example of the lack of consistency I see from you guys.

Why is this story "funny", or at the very least joking about, but the fake bomb at the airport wasn't?

Personally, in a post 9/11 world I think the "overkill" on part of the authorities is not only acceptable, but downright expected!
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Why is this story "funny", or at the very least joking about, but the fake bomb at the airport wasn't?
What shape was that bomb in? Had it been a Da Blintz Bombe (aka Blintz Souffle) then I bet we all would have laughed a little.

Quote:
Personally, in a post 9/11 world I think the "overkill" on part of the authorities is not only acceptable, but downright expected!
I agree with this statement which saddens me to think how effective 9-11 really was in changing our society and culture.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Another example of the lack of consistency I see from you guys.

Well the fake bomb looked like a bomb and the gun looked like a leg! So yes I do see the humor in the 2nd situation! You should loosen up a little it could do wonders for you!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I agree with Pokie. It's like on the movie The Chase where the guy kidnaps the girl at gun point in a cnvenient store, but he later confesses the gun was actually a Butterfinger bar he picked up off the shelf.

However, had this man used a gun, it would not have been funny. It's a matter of being able to laugh at the follies of mankind.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Oh, so the difference is if the weapon is readily identifiable.....like when that Hudspeth guy got shot for pointing a cell phone at the cops?!?!?!? I don't seem to recall anyone laughing about that.....

BTW, NO WHERE did the story say the prosthetic "looked like a leg", and to be quite honest with you, I've never seen one that was even SUPPOSED to look like the limb it was replacing. Aesthetically pleasing is CONSIDERABLY more expensive than mere functionality and reliability.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
First one to throw a rock and never a laugh just attack. I know what passes for intelligence around here and sense of humor too and it is not the same as it is down there thank GOD. Stuck in a world of controls and the humor has no part in him Isaac = sons of laughter
So the dark side is. Rip it apart and tear it down that is just great
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
First one to throw a rock and never a laugh just attack. I know what passes for intelligence around here and sense of humor too and it is not the same as it is down there thank GOD. Stuck in a world of controls and the humor has no part in him Isaac = sons of laughter
So the dark side is. Rip it apart and tear it down that is just great
Well thank you Sir Isaac! You really are the crusader aren't you? I'm glad you're on my team!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #11
BrainSmashR
Banned

Well Pocahontas....I already know he's a stupid mother****er....that's why he's on my ignore list.

That still doesn't explain why YOU LIED? Unless you care to show us where the story indicated what the object in question actually "looked like".
Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree with Pokie. It's like on the movie The Chase where the guy kidnaps the girl at gun point in a cnvenient store, but he later confesses the gun was actually a Butterfinger bar he picked up off the shelf.

However, had this man used a gun, it would not have been funny. It's a matter of being able to laugh at the follies of mankind.
I'm glad you understand exactly what I meant, Anime! I don't find this concept that difficult to process for most!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
If you ever wondered where brain boy got his brain wonder no more
Name:  abby normal.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  26.7 KB
What a dumb ass. Rude to nice people like Anime and Pokie Go take your meds bipolar boy if you have figured it out yet nobody on this board likes your stink around you just smell up the board with your foul mouth. I am sure you could find some of your kind "down" where you live. If "ANYBODY" on this board likes brains post please speak up he is a foul mouth computer geek with no friends and no chance of finding any. LOOSER
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit

I really like this description, Anime! We are so full of follies! What a gift to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes. I think some of the most gifted people on earth are the ones who can make us laugh - even at ourselves.

There are plenty of serious threads and posts. Some things, like this one, need to just roll off! Like Bob Hope in wartime - it's just good to laugh.