View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #31
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I first saw this story on GMA yesterday. I was appalled by the lack of compassion the police office exhibited right from the start when the woman tried to tell him her situation. I was even further disturbed to see the force he used on her when he finally pulled her out of the car. She was not a large woman and she was not combative at that point. The brute force he used in slamming her to the car was totally unneccesary and just his reacting to the situation and his own anger. He was wrong at this point for the use of force on a woman.

The woman though was also wrong for initially running from him. She should have just him write the ticket and hurried on her way. Instead the whole situation escalated because she kept running. I don't believe all the charges against her should have been dropped but it's easy to tell they were dropped because of the threat of lawsuit. There is always time to court and explain your situation after the ticket has been issued. She would have even had the hospital records to prove her case. BUT the police office could have taken the time to verify her story or listen to it. He obviously must have a parent and knows he would do exactly the same thing as her in her situation. He could have even helped her look for her father. We are all still humans at this point and still need to have some compassion for one another.