View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I have the samething with mine but it doesn't bother me. I just hit the enter key/space bar whatever and the screen comes back. I got a wide screen a few months ago and I love it. My fiance has a mac wide screen not sure if he has dvi or not I have a pc.
I only do Apple and I have a dvi port on my 17" MacBookPro, but I don't see one on my iMac G5 (the one before they added the built-in camera
Luckily, the MBPro has the camera which is a blast to play with along with Photobooth. But what does dvi stand for? I am trying to learn to connect my computer to the TV so I can show my students things and I got a dvi connector which plugs into the computer, then another cord plugs into that and into the RCA port on the TV. The picture is so-so. I've been told to use S-video instead. Do all of the newer TVs come with S-video? The one I have at work doesn't have it. But I am supposed to be getting a new one. I have a bit of a wire phobia, LOL! I feel so dumb about this stuff. Thank God for Apple which at least is very user-friendly and I don't have to worry about viruses or spyware or a lot of freezing and crashing. It is SO elegant. And the Mac and PC guys commercials are so true. I've used both platforms and Apple is definitely a lot more fun!