View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo
At least I offered an explanation for these instances rather than chalking them up to "the unknown". I have my answer, your answer is a non-answer.

Logically speaking, "nihilo ex nihilo" or "nothing comes from nothing" which means every effect must have a cause. When a ball is on a flat, level surface, does it move? Tilt the surface and the ball rolls, right? What made the ball move? Gravity. How did the ball begin on the flat surface? Someone or something placed it there. It wasn't always there. Something placed it. An unmoved mover is the only logical explanation.

As rational beings, humans have discovered the secrets and mysteries of science, invented complex machines, created great works of art. That is evidence that there is such a thing as a creative being. Our ability to create mimics that of the being which created us - i.e. God.

Love does not exist in every creature. Humans are given the gift of emotion AND rational thought. Animals are solely instinctual creatures. They are in a constant state of reacting to their environment. Love in its true form is not an emotion, it is an act. I love my wife by honoring and serving her for the rest of her natural life. It is a choice that I have made. An animal cannot choose this. Some animals are monogamous and some are not, but they do not "choose" this, they are instinctual.

If emotions are not to be controlled, then would I be justified in killing someone for taking the last slice of pepperoni pizza at the buffet? Emotions are meant to be controlled. That's what keeps you from beating your wife/kids when they make you angry. It's what keeps you from smashing your car into another when they cut you off. Your heart will beat unless you die, but you can decide not to get angry when the other driver cuts you off. You have the ability to turn the other cheek instead of hitting back.

The concepts of "good" and "evil" are not man made concepts, and they do not enter our minds because we were "taught" to be judgmental. All major cultures of the world have the same concept that killing the innocent is morally wrong. They also punish people for stealing. Why is this? Is it because they had a committee meeting one day and decided to dupe the entire world's population into being "judgmental"? Or is it because the Creator instilled them with some sense of right and wrong?

I have a hard time believing that you are completely emotionless when people are murdered, when a gunman runs through a school and kills 32 people, when your family members die, when your girlfriend/boyfriend dumps you and humiliates you in front of all your friends. Do you sit and cry in your room? Do you suck it up and fight back the tears and get on with your day? Do you simply wallow until you can't cry anymore and let your emotions change themselves?

Have you ever done anything to cheer yourself up? How about cheering someone else up? That would be considered controlling your emotions or helping others control theirs, which would go against your beliefs. Then you would not practice what you believe, and that would be wrong. But you don't believe in right or wrong, so what is it that you are feeling?
Great post and it was not a waste of time for there are many people that will read it not just the one.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote