View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #39
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I sure hope ya dont think you're the first to pull that stunt. The screen name "BrainSmashR" tried the same thing...with the end result being that he is now known as either an "atheistically oriented confirmed lapsed catholic" or a "lapsed confirmed catholically oriented atheist". In short, he lost all credibility, and he's never been able to get it back! So ya may have never actually declared yourself to be an atheist, but your blatant contempt for religion, particularly Christianity and it's Bible, suggests that you are in fact an atheist. Thats why I asked you to clearly state your beliefs in an earlier post. Nobody here wants to jump thru the series of hoops you've set up to figure out where you stand. So heres your chance to clear the air and spell it out for all to see. Choose one of the following...1.You believe in God(s) "The Creator" or "The Prime Mover" etc, 2. you DONT believe in God(s), or 3. You're undecided. Pick an answer...and please TRY to stick with it for at least a week.
I've stuck with #2 for the past.. 4 or so years, before that, I was a full-fledged believer, somehow. I just had various experiences and tried out new things, within reason, to question my faith (a healthy act, you should never blindly believe in something you have no reason to believe in, always question and test to make your beliefs more valid and more believable).

I'll continue to stick with that, and trust me, I won't deviate from that, hopefully for the rest of my life, but if someone of reasonable intellect that can calmly and orderly avert my views to something other than that, you deserve a box of cookies.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote